Dust and softness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust and softness

Ive just had this photo rejected for dust spots and undersharp, ive inverted the image in photoshop and removed all the ones i could find so im intruiged where the others are.
    With the sharpness i was tracking the top aeroplane and the other two where just a lucky capture in the frame, the planes where a good 20 feet apart so of course they will not be sharp. I did not realise i had even got all three in the frame untill i opened the files up on my computer.
    What do you guys think:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1637354

Hey Oliver.

Instead of Inverting the photo, you'd get a better chance in spotting those hidden dustbunnies by using "equalize, just below "invert" if you are on CS2.

*cs2 -> Image -> Equalize...

Sample:
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I found the equalise option but i could not find a way of undoing it after id cloned them out.

Comment

Here's what I normally do. Although someone else have maybe a better idea or methods on how they do it.

I look at the frame, I clone out those I can see with my naked eye, then I go on with the equalize tool, what it does is that highlights the dustspots. After hitting the tool, now you would know where it is located, you then press the button CTRL+Z . It takes you back one step, actually to the point before your usage of the tool. If you're not sure where it was, I guess you could try using the tool again. I bet someone else could explain it better than I did. Otherwise try PM'ing Eric Smith or Jid..
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
          I found the equalise option but i could not find a way of undoing it after id cloned them out.
          You duplicate the layer, equalize your new layer, click on the base layer (the origonal) and start cloning away. When you have finished removing the dust spots, delete the duplicate layer.

Cheers
          Neil.

Comment

Thank you for your help everyone. I will have a go go with the equalising later.

Do you guys think there is any hope with the sharpness?

Comment

it's incredibly blurry , noisy and dark....

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
                it's incredibly blurry , noisy and dark....
                Right i can understand the blurryness, as i said i was tracking the top aeroplane and not the middle one and was not aware i had captured that. Im going to have a play and i will try lightening it up and some noise reduction and i will re post.

Comment

Ollie,

re: the dust spots....Jid Webbs' current workflow explains how to do it.

Regards,
                  Brian.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                    Ollie,

re: the dust spots....Jid Webbs' current workflow explains how to do it.

Regards,
                    Brian.
                    Could you point me in the direction of it please again, i seem to have lost the link.

Comment

Here's the link Ollie.....

http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/index.html
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        Here's the link Ollie.....

http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/index.html
                        Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X