X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999
    Here's a little tip...Sit in your normal position looking at the picture. Look at the centre of the picture.

Now move backwards fairly quickly to at least double the distance you normally sit from the screen.

Notice how you almost immediately see what looks like more dead space above the aircraft ?
    Nothing to add!!!

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999
    It does need to be higher in the frame. There is more fuselage below your centreline than there is above.
    The aircraft has a tail too though (!) and should be considered in the composition, surely? Certainly many framing-related posts I've read on various forums in the past have always emphasised that an aircraft is more than its fuselage. If it weren't for the dust spots I'd be appealing this one, I feel.

Thanks for the feedback thus far - helpful!

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    It does need to be higher in the frame. There is more fuselage below your centreline than there is above.

Here's a little tip...Sit in your normal position looking at the picture. Look at the centre of the picture.

Now move backwards fairly quickly to at least double the distance you normally sit from the screen.

Notice how you almost immediately see what looks like more dead space above the aircraft ? In this type of shot you need an equal amount of space between the highest part of the fuselage and the top of the frame and the lowest part of the fuselage and the bottom of the frame.

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    I'm still not seeing how the shot should be higher in the frame though - looks balanced to me.

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    Thanks for the help, guys!

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    This equalised image should help identify the dustspots.....

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Also, place it a bit higher in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    Ok, they are identical. Remove the dust spot under the tail and upload again.

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    Picture's at the top of the thread...

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    It helps a lot if you post the link to the reject, saves me a lot of time searching for it

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    This one's just been rejected for dust spots and bad framing; I spent a while removing dust spots but have just noticed one or two that I missed, so fair enough on that one. Framing though - I really don't understand that one - any ideas??

Leave a comment:

• tomcollins
    replied
    Thanks, guys. One thing that's puzzling me though - notice Virgin America have a grey painted frame around the rearward cockpit window; to my eye this really gives it a blurred look (and does so in my other photos of the same bird). Do you think that's misleading at all?

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    Originally posted by seahawk
    little blurry, very little soft, but overall I think it has a good chance to make it.
    Agree.

Will - Get a new monitor

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    little blurry, very little soft, but overall I think it has a good chance to make it.

Leave a comment:

• Will M
    replied
    Overall it looks fine to me ! (there goes that inconsistency thing)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X