Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shot at editing, your thoughts?

Hey everyone,
    I've been trying for a very long time to try and figure out this whole editing thing. I'm using Photoshop, so it's not the editer. I'm not sure if it's the colorblindness, or the original images (the camera) that's the problem, or if I just don't know enough.
    Anyways, let me know what you think, and which (if any) are uploadable.
    The first image is the original; the second, the edited. I've only included one at first, I'll add more either this evening or next.
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...t=IMG_1651.jpg
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Thanks,
    Mitch

Cut down on the first one's size!! The second one has some potential though. Needs a tad of fine tuning but should be accepted. Though get a screener's advice before you do anything.

-Chris

Comment

#1 is way too large
      #2 is too noisy and soft

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

What kind of phone were you using to take the photos ?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
          The first image is the original; the second, the edited.
          Originally posted by z740
          Cut down on the first one's size!!
          Originally posted by LX-A343
          #1 is way too large
          Doh!

The Exif shows you were using a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. But why F5.6 with shutter 1/1000??

I'm at work now, but I may have a go at your original sometime later today....

Comment

Mitch
            As mentioned by Gianluca, your original that you posted is very poor quality.
            Not too sure whether is is part or all due to compression by the file hosting site or a combination of things including camera set up.
            If your original was that quality, then to arrive at your edited version shows your PS skills are not at all too bad.
            Perhaps a confirmation on the quality of your original file , and the full EXIF info would help.
            Correction of possible exposure problems may be all that is required.
            Last edited by Greg Wilson; 2007-11-08, 09:40. Reason: Spelling
            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

If you can knock out the noise slightly it might be O.K. It's quite noisy for a 6MP point and shoot.

Was this 100 ISO ?? I'd suggest shooting around f/8.0 on a nice sunny day like that !

Comment

Unfortunately I canīt read the EXIF, but the noise will kill any attempt to save it. If you get rid of the noise, it will look like a painting.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                  If you get rid of the noise, it will look like a painting.
                  Agree with Stefan. Adjusting the levels will make the use of Neat Image inevitable at which point your pic becomes prone to look artificial.

Comment

Thanks for your responces, everyone.
                    Originally posted by Will M
                    If you can knock out the noise slightly it might be O.K. It's quite noisy for a 6MP point and shoot.
                    That's what I thought. All of my shots come out as such.
                    Was this 100 ISO ?? I'd suggest shooting around f/8.0 on a nice sunny day like that !
                    It was actually ISO 80, IIRC (what I usually shoot at). Thanks for the tip thought, I usually go on TV; I'll try aperature priority next time.
                    And to those who have asked/commented about the two images as separate ones, please refer to the original post where I said:
                    The first image is the original; the second, the edited.
                    Thanks again,
                    Mitch

Comment

Working...
                    X