Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejection help

Hi,

I would like to ask, how I would get those two shots accepted. Those two are my favourites out of all my photos Iīve taken during my stay in St. Maarten, but it seems that they are not good enough for the database, īcause they got rejected due to backlit, too much dead space, etc.

I think, that those two photos are two perfect examples for leading the conservative backlit dullness among old fashion spotters ad absurdum.

Whatīs your opinion? Or what can I do to get those two accepted?

Best regards,
    Torsten

I think the photos looks nice, although I would say a fair comment "less air, more plane in the frame"

What I find interesting is that I didnt know AF has A320's based in the SXM. !?!
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
      I think the photos looks nice, although I would say a fair comment "less air, more plane in the frame"

What I find interesting is that I didnt know AF has A320's based in the SXM. !?!
      I know that there is lot of dead space, but I think that makes the picture so interesting. On the first one with Saba in the left corner and those two boats.

On the second one itīs so awesome that the sunreflections on the sea lighten the belly of the 757.

If I would reduce them only on the plane, the results donīt work. I tried it, but with the modification like "less air, more plane in the frame" they will be rejected 1000%.

AF has based an A320 in Guadeloupe and one in Miami, they serve SXM five days a week, twice a day since November, 1st.
      Best regards,
      Torsten

Comment

The second would have been great had it been a full frame "Portrait" shot, it has a great atmosphere but I think there will be to much quality loss cropping the one above down to an acceptable size.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just made a quick crop out of a jpeg, so not from the original RAW. But I think, the hole picture with the sea looks imho much better.

Here is my test edited one

Best regards,
          Torsten

Comment

^^That is exactly what I meant with my comment. Hence the Less air, More aircraft. Whereas the original photo was Alot of air, too small aircraft. Sorry I wasnt more specific with what.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

As an honest opinion, i dont think the first photo has got what it takes (it is a good photo though) to get into the database, however the second one is quite a unique & eye-catching one. Can u please email me the second photo - the original unedited JPEG image, maybe i can do something with it & mail it back to u. [email protected]
              cheers

Comment

Mate the idea is interesting and I think could or might have worked if you zoomed in a great distance more but in their current state and that other edit these are for the personal collection.

Comment

Working...
                X