Heat distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat distortion

Gents, I need some help. This picture was rejected, the motive mentioned above.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My question is what is this and how to correct.
    I use Corel Photo Paint 10 and the only process I use is Auto Equalization, and is the first time one of my photos is rejected by this motive.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Marco Antonio Silva
    [email protected]

Marcao,

In your photo the distortion is small but noticable. It's most obvious around the forward stairs and the fuselage logo. I blew up a section so you can see the jagged effect it gives.

A similar effect can be caused by over sharpening, but in the case of your photo it was most likely caused by shooting across a sun-warmed ramp that had heat waves rising from it. You could try reworking the photo with less sharpening to see if you can reduce the effect some.

In order to show an example of this in a more extreme case here is a section of a photo where an idling jet just ahead of the plane in the photo was blowing hot air across the ERJ in the shot. You can easily see how all the straight lines look jagged from the heat distortion. Just something to look for when you are screening your own shots prior to uploading.

Comment

Thanks

Thank You Freightdogg!
      I really did not notice that effect. I'm gonna try to be more carefull in the future.
      Regards,

Marco Antonio Silva
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X