Dust spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust spots

Today while I was screening and I have to say I was just amazed at the amount of shots that were uploaded with dust spots, and I don't mean hard to see dust spots. Stevie Wonder could see these dust spots. Folks...clean your sensors or learn how to remove dust from your pictures.

Comment

Yes, they are everywhere. For me, I clean the sensor as often as possible, yet I suspect my camera of illegal producing dust spots....

get FRA spotting informations here:
      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

There are an awful lots of dust producing cameras out there Daird .. including mine !!!

Comment

Believe me or not, but last summer I made a picture of a EK 773 passing FRA at FL 300 or so, and while I was making this picture, a dust-spot appeared! Just out of the blue and it was really large... ! I could see it even in the display. And it was not there when I made the other shots before.
          [email protected]: How do you search for dust-spots in your pictures?
          I take the contrast and turn it up. Then I'll see the desaster and decide, not uploading pictures to JP. Never again, because I don't want my reputation shot..

get FRA spotting informations here:
          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

I have always used the creating a duplicate layer and equalizing it to find them.. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time…

Comment

People give me a sideways look when I tell them that I bought a second D80 body ?? Why do that they ask, it's a bit extravagant ?

I keep an 18-135 lens mounted on one and a 70-300 mounted on the other and the benefits are....

1. If I suddenly find I need a different focal length I've got it immediately to hand before the opportunity disappears and...

2. Not continually changing lenses means that I rarely get a dust spot problem....and I use Nikon D80's which don't have an anti dust feature !!!

I can honestly say that my last 50 - 100 uploads needed a total of no more than a dozen dust spots removing overall. OK, so dust spots can be removed easily but missing that shot of a lifetime because I didn't have the focal length available would lead me to possible suicide !!
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                OK, so dust spots can be removed easily but missing that shot of a lifetime because I didn't have the focal length available would lead me to possible suicide !!
                Nice One

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                  Today while I was screening and I have to say I was just amazed at the amount of shots that were uploaded with dust spots, and I don't mean hard to see dust spots. Stevie Wonder could see these dust spots. Folks...clean your sensors or learn how to remove dust from your pictures.
                  I thought the upload process added dust spots while in the queue
                  KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
                  X