Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of Aircraft Cut Off rejection help

Hi All,

the following shot was rejected for having part of the aircraft cut off.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1721049
    I was trying to show how the gear retracts.

I have seen lots of photos on the site that show only a portion of an aircraft....is there a rule of thumb for me to follow for allowable partial-aircraft shots?

Thanks in advance,
    Ken

That's simply too much aircraft for a close up. You just chopped off the tail and that's it. The photos in the db which you are referring to, are zooming more into the main subject.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
      That's simply too much aircraft for a close up. You just chopped off the tail and that's it. The photos in the db which you are referring to, are zooming more into the main subject.
      thanks, that's helpful to know

Comment

I met the same rejection, too. Before I uploaed I read the details carefully but unfortunately I met some rejections which never shown up in your guides. Thus some of us comes here and frequently asked the reasons. I think if you can show all details on upload requirement, that will be good for both sides, uploaders and screeners.

Comment

It's simply not possible to put everything into a rule. But if you come up with a good idea, we may have a look at it.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
            It's simply not possible to put everything into a rule. But if you come up with a good idea, we may have a look at it.
            I think the web can offer the sample photo per rejection reason. That is benefit for both uploader and screeener.
            In the upload guide I can not find all reasons for rejection. I really want to read and avoid them before uploading.
            for example, I can not find the photo size retails but I met the rejection when I come here.

Comment

This will take you to the cropping rules thread...http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=40085
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
              X