Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Motive on Spotting Location

Hi to everybody.

This is the third time that I come to the forum to post a doubt about a rejection. With more than 330 pics on DB I think is very little. I mean, I do not question screeners' opinion very often but today is one of that ocassions.

Here are the issues:
    I had this rejection yesterday: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1732005

I appeal the rejection explaining that these people and from that location hundreds of pics have been uploaded and accepted in jetphotos since last october speccially. In this pic you can see two aircrafts at the waiting point, the 17R runway and the signs... this is SCEL. These people including me are doing spotting and are the only ones that are uploading pictures to j.net from Chile. So, if this is not an spotting location I don't know what it is. This picture was shot from there:

My appeal receive this answer: " It shows people standing on a mound of dirt. There is not much runway to be seen, or a terminal building, nothing."

Yes, It's a mound of dirt but is from that amound of dirt where we shot aircrafts, not terminals, every morning we go to the airport. That amound of dirt is what we have and we say thanks for that. There's is much more than nothing in this picture.

what is the difference of this amound of dirt respect of this one for example?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6056460

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6005524

I don't want this post sounds rude because it's not my intention but it seems that screening has a lot of criterious to be applied and sometimes is very frustrating and as you can't reply appeals results I think this is the way to express a different opinion and after all this is a discussion forum.

best regards and long live to j.net.

Will I ever repeat this?

Look at the size of the planes, see the difference ?

Comment

As Seahawk says, very small aircraft,....and very big people...with some awful "ghosting" around the dark clothes.

Having said that though, I can see your thought process on the meaning of a "spotting location". Technically, you are correct but there needs to be a much greater aviation element to the subject than the two very small LAN aircraft seen in your picture.

Hope this helps.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ok.. thanks a lot both of you.

I'll better shoot aircrafts.

sheers!

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

Why ? Just make it work. Put on a longer zoom lens, go back a healthy distance, so that you have the spotters hill in the picture and the aircraft filling a good part of the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
            Why ? Just make it work. Put on a longer zoom lens, go back a healthy distance, so that you have the spotters hill in the picture and the aircraft filling a good part of the shot.
            Thanks! but it's going to be very difficult because repeat this shot it's almost impossible.

a) it's very difficult to get this people together again... bacause this was a very special day. we went to hunt an AF B747F that day... normally... everyone has different times to go to the airport, and
            b) that amount of dirt does not exist anymore . It was destroyed some weeks ago because of some works in the area (RIP).

thanks for the advice

Fernando.

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

Working...
            X