Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clone or not to clone?

The clone tool

It this acceptable? I never have used it on any image unless it was said to be a known Photoshop joke or something. I would have nicer images if I could remove things like lens flair and grime on window shots but would feel like a cheat in doing it.

Looking for all opinions
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Derf,

It all depends on what you are doing with it. If you are essentially altering the aircraft in the photo then it probably is not a good idea. However, if you are simply using it to clean up a photo or improve it somehow without altering the primary subject then it should be acceptable. For example, many scanned print photos will exhibit numerous dust motes or bits of lint in the photo. Using the clone tool to remove those only improves the photo. Similar techniques can be used by those working in a photo darkroom and have long been acceptable. On the other hand if you were to clone a color scheme onto a new aircraft that isn't yet flying with that c/s in order to get a "first photo" of the new plane in that c/s then that would be an example of altering the basic photo in unacceptable ways.

Comment

edit

Comment

Working...
      X