PS Workflow Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Workflow Suggestions

I have ben looking around for a workflow for editing my A/C pics before I upload them to the DB. I have PS Elements 4. I was using a workflow by Robin Guess but that one hasn't been working for me. Any suggestions?

-Chris

Probably the most popular workflow here: http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
      Probably the most popular workflow here: http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/
      But will it work with PS Elements?

-Chris

Comment

I think it will work too. The basic functions are almost the same in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

Comment

After looking at it it looks like I will be able to complete most of the steps.

-Chris

Comment

Chris, I have PSE 5 and I use Jids workflow.

Comment

My old workflow should work with Elements and most popular imaging packages - My next workflow that is only a couple of weeks away will be for Photoshop only.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
                Chris, I have PSE 5 and I use Jids workflow.
                I was able to figure out how to do most of the steps but I couldn't figure out how to do the curves step. Is it possible to do in PSE Dave?

Here's my first attempt at editing with Jid's workflow:

Is there any step that I need to change how I do or is it acceptable? I used the exact same settings as Jid used in the workflow.

BTW Jid, EXCELLENT workflow!!

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                  My next workflow that is only a couple of weeks away will be for Photoshop only.

Jid
                  Eagerly awaited.

PS Jid, is/was that a 'real' Lion in your profile?

Comment

Chris, that image looks pretty good considering it's your first attempt. It could do with some more sharpening though....

Plus, if you equalize it, what did you do to that odd looking spot just below the rear part of the fuselage?

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
                      Chris, that image looks pretty good considering it's your first attempt. It could do with some more sharpening though....

Plus, if you equalize it, what did you do to that odd looking spot just below the rear part of the fuselage?
                      I used to Spot Healing Brush to remove a dust spot. I'm assuming I was supposed to use the Healing Brush?

-Chris

Comment

The sky looks very grainy to me which is probably a result from sharpening it..

Did you select the plane only for sharpening or did you sharpen the complete image?

Whenever sharpen an image select the sky and than inverse the selection so you apply the sharpening only on the parts of the image you want to sharpen

Cheers
                        Björn
                        "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

Here's my second go around with it. After Björn's advice here she is:

Better or worse and why?

-Chris

Comment

The sky shows signs of compression. The aircraft is still under sharpened, but the original image is blurry, so you have no chance to save this image.

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                              I was able to figure out how to do most of the steps but I couldn't figure out how to do the curves step. Is it possible to do in PSE Dave?

-Chris
                              No Curves is one of the features not in PSE, but you should be able to tweak closely the same w/ the "levels" layer. Just move the sliders

Comment

Working...
                              X