X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon unlevel

[img]images/icons/icon1.gif[/img] Horizon unlevel

Hi guys,

I have got this two photos rejected because of horizon unlevel.

I have looked, and looked and draw some lines along the walls of the houses in the background, but to me its level.

Your opinion, please

Paul Stam
    http://www.jetphotos.net/sign-images...GIF?2012152199
    Click here to view my 1127 photos.

Hard to say, but it looks a little bit, like they are laying to the left. So a little bit clockwise rotation should make them ok.

Comment

Use the pole in the foreground behind the A/C to help level the pic.

-Chris

Comment

In the comment the screener told me not to use the pole, because they are not reliable, but to use the vertical walls of the houses. But when I rotate the photo a little bit they are not vertical anymore.

The screeners who rejected the photos seems to have better eyes then I have, because I don't know what to change about the photos.

Comment

By the way when I appealed the photo I get this very strange answer:

Your appeal for photo id 1781334 has been processed and has been rejected.
          Admin Comments >> How did you get all these shots in the queue?
          >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1781334

Comment

Paul,

I screened several of your pictures from this viewpoint and there is a definite lean to the left in a lot of them. I think this stems from the fact that
            a. There is a bit of an actual left sided lean and
            b. There is a degree of "perceived" left sided lean due the the way that the background houses seem to move away from the viewpoint as you look from right to left combined with the fact that the aircraft is pointing towards the viewpoint.

These two factors combine to increase the impression of left sided lean.

I can understand your concerns as these problems are difficult to overcome. These are very much a "do what looks correct rather than what is actually correct" type of picture. The difficulty lies in setting a horizon that looks right but doesn't induce an odd "lean" to the background. In any event, both need a touch of CW rotation.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Brian,

I think your right, but it is very difficult to see.

I shall rotate the photos a very little bit CW.

Thanks for your explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stam
                By the way when I appealed the photo I get this very strange answer:
                Your appeal for photo id 1781334 has been processed and has been rejected.
                Admin Comments >> How did you get all these shots in the queue?
                >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1781334

I didn't screen them Paul, but I think I understand what the Admin tried to implicate to you. Seems that you have some other pics in the database taken from the same spot which are actually leveled. I think the Admin was referring that you used something in those pics for leveling, something that you can also use for the other pics.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Working...
                X