Aaaagggh! Frustration!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaagggh! Frustration!!

Apparently, sometimes it’s REALLY hard to upload a photo to JP. A month ago or so edited some old photos from last year, picked out the best shots and added them to the upload queue. Some got accepted, and some didn’t. Fair enough. Though, one of the pics was rejected because it was tilted. Since this is pretty easy to fix in photoshop I did a reupload of it after some editing. A few days went by, and the photo got rejected once again. “Similar photo uploaded”. Granted – I do have a pic of the same A/C in the DB, but since this one is waaaay different from the other one, I choose to reupload (leaving a comment about it to the screeners).

Yet another couple of days went by, and I’ve got an E-mail of the screener results. “Categories wrong or missing”. What?? I looked over my specifications several times and it was all correct. I appealed, and got it rejected (I think this is the fifth time now). And it wasn’t the information that was wrong, I’ve just forgot to check the box for “Special Scheme”. A short message of my mistake was added along with the rejection E-mail.

But… wouldn’t it be easier for the screeners to just “check the box for me” instead of rejecting it, and writing a message including for what reason it was rejected? :rolleyes:

Just for the record – I know the screeners did what they’re supposed to do in this situation, and that this off course is my own fault, but couldn’t they’ve just… fixed for me, pretty, pretty please?

I decided not to upload this anymore for (or at least for a while), but after some time I added a new group of photos to the queue, and choose to include this one once more, for the last time (And I know that it’s being a pain in the ass to add the same photo so many times, but heck). Do I need to say what happened? This time it was rejected because of “Horizon unlevel” (again), “CMOS Dust Spots” (Huh??) and off course another idiotic mistake by me – “Bad info” (Forgot the friggin' serial)

Just needed a place to get my frustration out (over myself, mostly)

photo I'm waining about:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1788185

And it should have been rejected for manipulation.

Plz see what is said here about B&W conversions :

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=36974

Looks like a pretty neat pic btw. the horizon is hard to judge, I would accept as is. There is a tiny dark spot in the sky on the right. It might be a bird, but I would clone it out. The correct cn needs confirmation. I suggest using scramble.nl

Comment

I didn't know that you couldn't edit it in B&W Though, I think this livery looks mutch better on the photo when it's in Black and White, than if it's in full color. But that's just me.

The dot over the A/C is actually one of three Belgian F-16's flying by. It's esier to see on this pic taken a few seconds before.

But do you think I should just give up this pic, upload it in color or try to pull it off as an "artistic shot"?

Comment

I would upload this in colour. Sky looks great. Don't forget the military genre and the special scheme category

Comment

Seeing the pic you attached, I fear it is not going to work. When not b&w it will be obviously backlit and that is why we put a limit to B&W conversions, as in that case, one could say B/W covers a mistake, that would make the plane unacceptable in color. Too many uploaders tried that intentionally in the past.

How about going with the one you just attached ? It seems to have potential.

Comment

Agree, although possibly not such a tight crop. Try and include the entire horizontal stab and a little more space in front of the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by flyKSU
              I didn't know that you couldn't edit it in B&W Though, I think this livery looks mutch better on the photo when it's in Black and White, than if it's in full color. But that's just me.

The dot over the A/C is actually one of three Belgian F-16's flying by. It's esier to see on this pic taken a few seconds before.

But do you think I should just give up this pic, upload it in color or try to pull it off as an "artistic shot"?
              just a little advice. when you have an aircraft or a bird in a picture that looks more like a dust spot... clone it. It will save you time in the queue.

be luck.

Fernando.

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

Working...
              X