Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does as glider on a trailer still count as a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does as glider on a trailer still count as a plane?

Hello, I suppose my question today is one of motive. While I was out today I came across a fantastic L-23 on a trailer being towed by a GMC Denali. Having a camera with me I decided to sneak a couple pictures. I am not sure whether to put them in the queue so I have decided to post a rather low-resolution example of my shots via photobucket. Is such a subject okay for motive? If not, would anyone like to see more of what a glider looks like on the move anyway?

Thank you for your time,

Bernie

Edit: Also this may seem like a silly question but my search skills are letting me down, who makes the L-23
    Edit II: Never mind, it's Let, just as I had thought

Hi Bernie,

An a/c on transport can be a very interesting image, like these:
    [photoid=6135891]
    [photoid=6135844]

But bear in mind that we like to see enough of the a/c. Personally, I find that the a/c is difficult to see in he picture you made. Any chance you have the cockpit from the side, or is it sandwiched between the wings?

cheers, Pamela

Comment

So a shot like this would be more interesting?

Thank you again for the help Pamela.

Comment

It is more interesting yes, but for uploading: the actual plane part in this pic is too small, it is cut of, and a lot of distraction around (ugly car
        So, it is more a nice picture to share here on the forum, than to upload to the database I am afraid.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer
          It is more interesting yes, but for uploading: the actual plane part in this pic is too small, it is cut of, and a lot of distraction around (ugly car
          So, it is more a nice picture to share here on the forum, than to upload to the database I am afraid.

cheers, Pamela
          This is why I didn't put it in the queue. going through my other shots the cars get even uglier (you should have seen the thing towing it).I suppose where I live just isn't conducive to pretty vehicles. It's a shame, if the man had decoupled his ancient, rusty, SUV from the trailer, I would have been able to get some good shots. Instead, he practically had said vehicle fused to the glider to the point where I got rather muddy sneaking around. Oh well, if I see such a thing again, I will set up a proper photographic studio on site

Comment

Working...
          X