Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underexposed, before and after edit, opinions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underexposed, before and after edit, opinions....

Here it is before,.......

http://www.jetphotos.net/palbum/viewphoto.php?id=6488

and after fix....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1833356

Look better?

Nick

Hello Nick,

the image needs some more contrast, you can easily see when you open the levels in PS!

And also the crop looks a bit wired to me... why not crop a picture like this in a 3:2 ratio resulting in less space above and under the aircraft. Also try to center the plane a little better in the frame (a little more space at the tail) as it would look much better this way!

Hope this helps!

Cheers
    Björn
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

I'll play with the contrast a bit but the rejection never mentioned the crop etc does that mean I only need to fix the exposure to have it accepted?

Comment

Ok have added some contract how does it look now?

http://www.jetphotos.net/palbum/viewphoto.php?id=6489

Comment

The rejection can only mention clear errors. The crop ratio was within the allowed limits, so we can not list it as a rejection reason, although 3:2 would really look better.

Comment

It would probably get accepted this way when the exposure is corrected...

But why not do a fast recrop, even if you do not start from the beginning cropping different at the tail, simply doing a 3:2 crop would result in getting rid of the dead space above and under the aircraft and therfor make a more appealing shot, and it is only two mouseclicks

Having a second look at your shot you might also get a center rejection, as the plane is a little low in the frame (probably not enough for a rejection, but maybe the next screeners sees it a bit different )

Cheers
            Björn
            "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

I hope it gets accepted, I took that shot on my first ever day using a DSLR would be chuffed to get a pic accepted on my first day of shooting.

Comment

A 3:2 crop would work much better, especially for this type of pic where there is nothing of interest in the rest of the picture.

4:3 is only really of any use where there are other points of interest in the background that you want to include in the picture, and would look odd in a 3:2 crop.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hello Nick,

Your picture now looks almost a little bright to me with the contrast adjusted (especially the United Airlines titles and the upper fuselage... also the underside of the wing looks quite bright for the light to me)
                  None of it would probably lead to a rejection.. but why not start from the beginning giving the picture a complete new go with the given hints in mind?
                  You would get a much better picture than it is right now and can only learn from it

Björn

Terry Pratchet

Comment

Working...
                  X