Rejected photos please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected photos please help.

I submitted a batch of photos to the database and was successful with only two of them. Of the rejected ones I can understand the reason for rejection of one of them (it was an enlargement of a 1megapixel PDA shot), however the other three appeared to be OK to me.

One photo (47287 (an unusual shot of G-BOAF taken along the fuselage as we re-boarded to visit the flight deck, taken because the skirt of the gantry doesn't fit Concorde at JFK)) was rejected with the comment "Bad Motive", what does this mean?

I think one of the photos (46901) was rejected due to the fact I hadn't cropped the Concorde Room's window frame out of the shot before upload.

And the final shot (46905) was rejected due to " Bad Quality" though I'm not sure why.

Please advise

Could you post the link to these photos please.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

You are bored Mike.

MikeNE3, the screeners give Bad quality when they know the photog could have messed around in photoshop for a while and got better results. That's one of the reasons, and on one of the shots the actual plane doesn't take up much of the entire scene. Of course maybe the screeners themselves can offer better advice than me.

Comment

Yeah. But why are you shocked by this??

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
            You are bored Mike.
            Which mike? Mikecweb or mikeNE3? Or both?

Comment

They are all nice "snapshots". None belong here though. Very common gate shots, with junk all around and poor framing.

BAD MOTIVE = "What were you thinking when you took this shot?"

...hope that helps.....

Comment

A 1MP PDA should not be used for any photography intended to be uploaded here...

-Clovis

Comment

Short comments:
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

nice snapshot, but not an aviation photography. 25% of the picture is filled with a gateway, bad angle

simply bad quality: grainy, nothing clearly visible

unlevel, lots of foreground clutter, concorde only fills about 25% of the frame and parts of the main subject are hidden

~20% of the picture is filled with a black wall, unlevel, lots of foreground clutter, concorde only fills about 25% of the frame and parts of the main subject are hidden

double upload

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                  BAD MOTIVE = "What were you thinking when you took this shot?"

...hope that helps.....
                  I was already mentally preparing for an answer to this question, but your answer is a real killer.

Thanks, Jeff!!

BTW, nice avatar

Cheers
                  Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo,

Your welcome. and the avatar is supposed to shake her butt it's not working. OH well...

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                      Gerardo,

Your welcome. and the avatar is supposed to shake her butt it's not working. OH well...
                      make it work!!!!!!
                      Will

Jetphotos.Net Photographer
                      Airliners.Net Photographer

Comment

I obviously got the wrong idea

I'm really sorry, I obviously got the wrong idea about this forum. I was under the impression that it was for the benefit of understanding how to improve your photos, not a means for people to rudely label you as bored and generally have a go at an individual.

In response to the points raised:
                        The shot along the body of Concorde was due to the fact that the gate at JFK didn't fit properly and I thought it made a slightly unusual view of the plane.

The 1M photo was not taken with the intention of uploading as at the time of taking the photo I was too busy enjoying Concorde to think about much else, it was only later that I thought I'd try and share the view with other people.

The shots which were duplicated were accidental as only one was supposed to be uploaded, however due to the length of the logical address on my PC I didn't realise the duplication (that and the fact I uploaded the shots after 3 12hr night shifts and very little sleep).

As for the shots of G-BOAF at the gate at EGLL, there are numerous photos of less striking aircraft in almost identical photos littering the database, so I thought that was what people wanted to see.

Comment

If you think everyone is going to be dead set serious on this forum then yes you are wrong. Since you mentioned a comment made to me, I know Greg was joking. This is what we do. People joke around and help each other. A forum shouldn't be all business it should also have some fun in it too. Are we quilty alot of the time of getting off topic..yeah but thats just the way it is, don' take it personally. I believe some people gave you answers to your questions though.

Comment

Re: I obviously got the wrong idea

Originally posted by MikeNE3
                            I'm really sorry, I obviously got the wrong idea about this forum. I was under the impression that it was for the benefit of understanding how to improve your photos, not a means for people to rudely label you as bored and generally have a go at an individual.
                            I think Greg was referring to the other Mike for figuring out how to view your rejected photos, and even then it was only a joke. And I think you did receive help, especially from Gerardo, so how can you say no one tried to help you improve your photos?

In response to the points raised:
                            The shot along the body of Concorde was due to the fact that the gate at JFK didn't fit properly and I thought it made a slightly unusual view of the plane.
                            We realize that, and like everyone said "It's a great snapshot, but not the kind of photo for this site".

The 1M photo was not taken with the intention of uploading as at the time of taking the photo I was too busy enjoying Concorde to think about much else, it was only later that I thought I'd try and share the view with other people.
                            Well, if you didn't intend on uploading it in first place then why are you complaining?

The shots which were duplicated were accidental as only one was supposed to be uploaded, however due to the length of the logical address on my PC I didn't realise the duplication (that and the fact I uploaded the shots after 3 12hr night shifts and very little sleep).
                            That is ok, we all make mistakes.

As for the shots of G-BOAF at the gate at EGLL, there are numerous photos of less striking aircraft in almost identical photos littering the database, so I thought that was what people wanted to see.

No one said you can't take pics from the gate and upload it here. It's just sometimes the glass is tinted, and usually the aircraft is partially obstructed by the jetway or loading vehicles. If it isn't the case, then gate photos have the same chance of getting accepted as other photos.

Hope this helps, no one is trying to "have a go" at you.
                            Will

Jetphotos.Net Photographer
                            Airliners.Net Photographer

Comment

Answers

There were indeed some answers to the question I asked and I don't mind people having a laugh. The only difference is when people have a laugh at the expense of someone who is making a genuine request, this is a trait which is off-putting and would probably discourage newbies from posting once they have read previous threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X