Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dar/underxposed???

Hello all,

can someone explain what is dark/underxposed about this picture?
    I had the sun in the back, fully shining on the subject?
    Phot was taken at 15.30 lt

The shot is under exposed. With conditions such as these you should have achieved a bright and clear shot, instead you have a dull muggy example. It seems as though you may have stepped down the camera? However you have achieved this is, it is underexposed im afraid. You could try saving it by adding some brightness...

Comment

I think its clear why it was rejected dark.
      Hope this helps
      Peter
      http://www.vap-group.at
      http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

OK guys, thanks for your feedback.
        Added some brightness and re-uploaded it again. Hope this time it gets accepted..

Comment

Although you have re-uploaded, I'd be inclined to reduce some grain from the sky too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eadster
            Although you have re-uploaded, I'd be inclined to reduce some grain from the sky too.
            Thanks for the feedback. I deleted it from the queue, removed some grain and reuploaded again.

Although I am very happy with your feedback I get a bit frustrated that everytime there seems to be another reason to reject the photo...

Comment

Originally posted by Joop
              Thanks for the feedback. I deleted it from the queue, removed some grain and reuploaded again.

Although I am very happy with your feedback I get a bit frustrated that everytime there seems to be another reason to reject the photo...
              this is because we have more than 20 screeners and all have different opinions...so naturally one might find something else that another has missed.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Not really different opinion, apart from the borderline cases, but also a lack of time. If the queue is supposed not to go totally out of hand, you can spent much more then 30 sec screening each photo in the usual cases. So sometimes you miss a fault.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                  The shot is under exposed. With conditions such as these you should have achieved a bright and clear shot, instead you have a dull muggy example. It seems as though you may have stepped down the camera? However you have achieved this is, it is underexposed im afraid. You could try saving it by adding some brightness...
                  Or the most likely is that as the plane is bright white, the camera will automatically think the photo is over exposed and as a result will reduce the exposure. You need to either shoot in manual and take a meter reading from something like the grass, or add half a stop or a full stop of exposure compensation (+ E/V).

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                    this is because we have more than 20 screeners and all have different opinions...so naturally one might find something else that another has missed.
                    Even though there are more then 20 screeners, it shouldn't mean there are more then 20 opinions. I hope there is at least some consistancy.

Comment

Working...
                    X