Any chance for these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance for these

Just wondered if the pics below stand a chance ECJQV was a rare visit to Manchester so would really like help in getting it into the DB

Thanks for looking

Tony

EC-JQV needs some attention to the levels to bring some contrast into it.

G-VAST is overexposed and could do with some contrast.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
      G-VAST is overexposed and could do with some contrast.
      I know this isn't my pic......but how is this overexposed?? Judging by the histogram the exposure seems just fine to me...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Brian, is the pic below any better?

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Much better contrast, trouble is, it's now showing signs of oversharpening. Quite a lot of jaggies on the cheat lines.

The histogram for G-VAST may not show an obvious overexposure but it does show a lack of curve in the left third ( the dark tones ) against a large spike in the right third ( the highlights ) which has given, to me at least, a visual impression of overexposure. The fuselage is certainly very bright, no doubt accentuated by the lack of contrast ( which is also not immediately apparent from the histogram ). I gave the centre of the pic -20 brightness and +20 contrast and this is the result. Bear in mind that I'm working on an already processed picture.

Last edited by brianw999; 2008-04-24, 19:05.

Comment

Thanks once again Brian, last attempt this 1 then I'll stand defeated any better

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Give it a try Tony....but look at this thread first....http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=43250

......and don't give up. There's no reason why this one can't be processed to get in. If you like, mail me the original and I'll have a go at it.

You can avoid jaggies and enhance individual areas by using layers and selective sharpening.

Brian.

Comment

Thanks Brain once again your input and patience have been invaluable I have reworked G-VAST

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Remove some of the blue cast for the one above, and it will be fine. The last attempt on the real madrid shot, is way over done. The second attempt is one that I'd accept.

Comment

Thanks Martin, Blue cast now removed, now submitted

Tony

Comment

Thanks for the input Martin. A new pair of eyes is often the answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X