Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropping in CS3

Hi all,

I am having a problem getting a good 4:3 and 3:2 crop on my CS3.

The problem

when I put 3 in the width and 2 in the height and then crop, once cropped the photo automatically resizes itself to 3 pixels wide and 2 pixels tall. I do not want this to happen, I simply want it at that aspect.

I need to make some 4:3 shots for some friends and for wallpaper nd stuff.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

There are basically two ways to crop a picture in CS3:

1) Load a picture and press "C" (without the quotes). This will bring up the crop tool. In the menu bar you will see two input boxes: "width" and "Height". you will need to enter the number of pixels in those boxes. For example if you want a 4:3 picture in simple screen resolution, you can enter: "1200 px" in width and "900 px" in height. Then select with the crop tool the area you want, click the right mouse and select "crop". And there you are, a 1200x900 picture.

2) Load a picture and press "M". This will load the "Rectangle Marquee Tool". In the menu bar, you will find a combo box called "Style" and two input boxes called "Width" and "Height". Set "Style" to "Fixed ratio" and enter the ratio in the width and height boxes. for example, enter "4" in width and "3" in height. Then select the area you want and from the menu choose: Image => Crop. Ready you are: a 4x3 ratio picture.

If you want to learn more about CS3, there is a site called lynda.com which has a large amount of of great tutorials.

Roel.

Comment

nice! thanks for that, it worked!!

Is there no way to put the aspect ration in the crop function instead of having to select the rectangular marquee tool??

Comment

Is this what you want........use 3cm X 2cm....

My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

fantastic, that's what I'm looking for but it just wouldn't do it till now lol.

Thanks for the help Diezel and Greg, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X