Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a lot rejected - need a helping hand

Hi there,
    I red through the uploading rules, but after all the rejections, it looks more that I need a strong helping hand telling me, how to do this right .

Among the lots of rejections are: bad cropping #2 and #3
    Then I had the same cropping plus aircraft not centered (I suppose horizontally, so I should add more sky there??) and another rejection.
    I don't understand for this rejection, suppose I forgot CABIN SHOT or CARGO PLANE as category... ? could I retry uploading with these two ??

For a BAD MOTIVE I think there's no more chance in trying anymore !?
    Are ammunitions like missiles & bombs not appreciated?

My Train-Pic's at RailPictures.net & Train-Videos at Rail-Videos.Net

Originally posted by Kilroy1313
    Hi there,
    I red through the uploading rules, but after all the rejections, it looks more that I need a strong helping hand telling me, how to do this right .

Among the lots of rejections are: bad cropping #2 and #3
    Then I had the same cropping plus aircraft not centered (I suppose horizontally, so I should add more sky there??) and another rejection.
    I don't understand for this rejection, suppose I forgot CABIN SHOT or CARGO PLANE as category... ? could I retry uploading with these two ??

For a BAD MOTIVE I think there's no more chance in trying anymore !?
    Are ammunitions like missiles & bombs not appreciated?
    UPS, it seems I did overlook the screeners comments on my e-mails, the writing is so small, and I did not expect these.
    Sorry, but I have to look through these again and train to fix the one or other thing !

Comment

hey man, calm down!! lol

I suspect the bad cropping rejections are due to the aspect ratio of your pics. I direct you to have a quick browse of this thread.

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

the fix for the 'bad cropping' shots is as follows. Open up Adobe, press C to get to the crop tool. then on the top left hand corner you will see entries for width/height. for width type "3 cm" and for height type in "2 cm". Now you can crop without having to worry about aspect ratio's. If you feel you will want a 4:3 aspect ratio, simply type in 4 cm for width and 3 cm for height, simple.

With the crop tool you can also centre your aircraft. your F15 shot depicts the aircraft slightly above the centerline of the shot. remember the rule of thirds (google it if you're unsure).
      With the F16 shot, move the aircraft down in the frame, so yes showing more sky and same for the ERJ's.

Dont let this get you down, when I first started, I had plennty rejected which I thought were good shots, turns out they werent haha. You've got good shots already!! just resize them, correctly frame them, then they 'should be' (I'm not a screener lol) good to go lol.

Good luck man! If you need any more help, just add me on MSN or send me an e-mail, if Im free, I'll be more than willing to help you out.

Take care!

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

Originally posted by airPLAINcrazy
        hey man, calm down!! lol

(...) of this thread.

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=40085

(...)
        Hi, thanks a lot for your encouragement. I shortly looked through that thread as also one of the screeners proposed me to see it, but I did not see that little textline under the REJECTED PHOTO.
        I uploaded one picture for today and have no more courage to plunge into Photoshop for today. Got 18 rejections and 2 pictures accepted (thus one of them thanks to the screener finding "Ramp" to fill in for the Airline... I didn't even know of the existence of such a category...
        [photoid=6257368]
        And don't worry about my nerves: they are a bit flickering for the moment, but I will not give up that easy - Jetphotos.net is a great challenge for me as I do not take so much plane pictures as I do with trains (that's my real speciality). My equipment also is not so matching for planes as I have a bridge camera with one only fixed (zoom) objective.

Comment

Hi Kilroy,

With 9 pics in the data base I see that you're new here so lets's try to help some more.

First of all, on the photo upload page you will find this text and link....

Please make sure that you read the information here. Gurcharan has already directed you to the cropping rules thread so that should help on that subject.

Missiles and bombs ? No, definitely not here. This is a site for aircraft ( I nearly said jet aircraft but that's not true. We've got proper airplanes with propellers as well. )

By all means depict weaponry, just make sure that it's attached to an aircraft at the time !!

Finally....We're to help you. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no-one will put you down ( and if they do, send them to me. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 130kg. Arguing with me is NOT an option ! )
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi Brian,
            thanks for your support, and I'll try to do as you said if someone makes some trouble.
            You even helped me out last year and so I follow some of your forum work since, as well as your pictures at Jetphotos.net, recently I remarked your 1,000th picture there: congrats, that's a lot of work.
            This evening I tried about plane chasing, after I did so for the trains (the freight train I wanted to picture didn't show up !), but neither the planes were on my side (1 lonely plane pictured), so it may be better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
              Finally....We're to help you. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no-one will put you down ( and if they do, send them to me. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 130kg. Arguing with me is NOT an option ! )
              And how fast can you run buddy ???

Signed... : the 5.7 guy weight 67kg....

Comment

And how fast can you run buddy
                More to the point, how fast can the OTHER guy run ?

....anyway, I don't do running. My idea of exercise is a game of chess by an open window !!

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe

I didnt think it mattered how fast i ran since surely they cant outrun a bullet
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe

My god!! You should do something!! Have a burger or two!!!
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Photo edges

I can see from the reasons for rejecting his pictures one of the reason is "Photo Edges" I am looking at his pictures and cannot find what it is.

Could you please explain.

THX in advance

Comment

Jean-Luq,

Photo edges is part of a combined reject reason. Its full title is "Cropping/photo edges/size ratio."

I haven't checked the sizes but it looks like Kilroys rejections were for the size ratio reason, in that they exceeded the 3:2 to 4:3 format ratio required by JP.

Cropping refers to pictures that have the PS background showing, normally caused when a picture is rotated to level it and some of the crop has fallen outside of the image area. It is for his reason that it's good practice to set your PS background to a bright red. Any crop error will then become instantly obvious.

Photo edges refers to the odd occasion when there is a light outline around the edge of the picture. I can't remember why this happens but it's something to do with an incorrect setting in PS. No doubt someone else will put me right here.

Comment

Working...
                        X