Sharpening method: best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hinkelbein
    This would imply that (at least in the Netherlands) you could only take pictures from may to september ... in the other months we mostly have bad weathr (= no good conditions ... cloudy, dark, rainy etc.)

And: when there is a sunny day for once I have to waste my time at work ...
    Well, at the end, we are talking about PHOTOgraphy, which contains the word PHOTO, which is derived from the greek noun "phos" which means .... "light"

In all honesty, I doubt, that you only have clouds and rain from october to april. There are always sunny days .... well except of Manchester, judging by some posts here .
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein
      This would imply that (at least in the Netherlands) you could only take pictures from may to september ... in the other months we mostly have bad weathr (= no good conditions ... cloudy, dark, rainy etc.)
      come on,

It's not that bad here.

From december 1 until Januari 31 we had almost every weekend filled with bright sunshine.
      And with a little snowshowers in between, you had the most perfect conditions to get amazing shots under a blue sky, white snow and- for example- blue aircraft
      Couldn't be better for a winterday here. (just search the database and find out what I mean.....).

Good luck

Freek

Comment

All right, maybe I am a little too pessimistic
        I will now wait for a sunny weekend to come ...

Yesterday there flew two nice balloons over my house, but I had to be in a hurry to make pictures. If only I had had more time! Now the pics are too dark and too unsharp. I'll try to fix them, off course.
        I saw some balloons in the JP-database, so maybe I could upload them once.

Comment

Please upload as many balloons as you like .. Uncle Gerardo loves screening them

Comment

Originally posted by jid
            Please upload as many balloons as you like .. Uncle Gerardo loves screening them
            And who is Uncle Gerardo?
            I'd be happy to please him with balloons if he'd like

Comment

Jid, shouldn't you do some screening?

Oh, yes, I particularly love balloons, specially action shots, such as sky rocketing take offs, loopings and so on
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I've heard people say if you have a part of the photo (i.e. the registration number or stripes) that is too sharp after applying the unsharp mask, you can use the eraser tool or the rubber to get rid of the jagged edges. Can someone explain how to do that. When I use the eraser it erases the entire image where I clicked not just the sharpening.
                www.TarmacPhotos.com

Comment

Make another layer to do the sharpening then go back to the original layer to erase the other one and keep the sharpened one.

Comment

Originally posted by TarmacPhotos.com
                    I've heard people say if you have a part of the photo (i.e. the registration number or stripes) that is too sharp after applying the unsharp mask, you can use the eraser tool or the rubber to get rid of the jagged edges. Can someone explain how to do that. When I use the eraser it erases the entire image where I clicked not just the sharpening.
                    Very good question.
                    I have exactly the same question.
                    And I have another difficulty; all the great workflows ( for example Jid's one- whitch I use most) is in English.And my English is not that good as it was back in my schooldays (20 years ago ).

Make another layer to do the sharpening then go back to the original layer to erase the other one and keep the sharpened one
                    Reading this is as simple as that, but understanding is another thing.
                    Is it about the same as equalizing an image and erase dust spots on the new layer; while they are actualy erased on the original one?
                    Maybe some examples will help, how to use this layers on sharpening/erasing jagged edges.

Thank you all very much.

Freek

Comment

Working...
                    X