Blurry images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry images

Hi, i need some expert advice on "Blur". I have a rejected image here and i am trying to figure out what part of the aircraft is blurry. When i appealed, the screener said it is extremely blurry all over. I know i have bad eye sight but it aint that bad either.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1964025

Oh and by the way, i was told that i have "Bad airline". I dont want to open up that discussion again but whoever maintains the database should remove "US Airways (America West Airlines)" completely.

Originally posted by saupatel
    i am trying to figure out what part of the aircraft is blurry.
    The Nose Section.

Its a nice shot though, i'd say its just the nose part which is a bit oversharpened making it look blurry, the rest of the photo (engines, reg'n) looks fine to me.

Comment

I have to agree with whoever screened it, it is indeed blurry all over and it would probably not look too good if you tried to pile on the sharpening.

It's a great angle, but I don't think it's saveable unfortunately.

Paul
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel
        I dont want to open up that discussion again but whoever maintains the database should remove "US Airways (America West Airlines)" completely.
        And what happens if I have an old slide of America West Airlines plane that I want to upload ?

And agree with Paul about the blurry rejection.
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
          And what happens if I have an old slide of America West Airlines plane that I want to upload ?
          Hey, that airline is understandable. What i have an issue with is the no man's land. Is it either US Airways or America West. And the big issue is when US Airways pics gets accepted under the "US Airways (America West Airlines)" category. Anyways, i dont think i will ever win that category argument.

Comment

The US 757 is blurry all over. The tendency is to try and over sharpen the blur out. The best way to check for blur is to check your image at 100% before you start any editing.

Jid

Comment

When you first open a picture the human eye immediately "hunts" for the correct focus and sharpness, very much in the same manner as an autofocus lens. A focussed picture will cause the eyes to stop this hunting and settle to the focus. This normally happens very quickly and you are not aware of it happening.
              If the picture is blurry, even a small amount, you'll find that your eyes continue to hunt around the image for the focus that either isn't there at all, or only exists in one place, for instance as happens when the depth of field is insufficient to keep the whole image in focus.

Blur should not be confused with softness. Softness can be sharpened but it's generally impossible to correct blur with sharpening before the artefacts that occur with oversharpening begin to show. If I get a blur reject then I rarely reprocess that image for a second upload unless I think the screener is seeing soft instead of blur...and that doesn't happen very often at all.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian that is some interesting information. That is the kind of information i want as an amateur photographer.

Comment

Can I ask what F number you used. It seems to me (not a professional opinion) that the DOF is out.

Duncan

Comment

The picture is blurry and not out of focus, so I don't think it is the F-number.

What I think what happened is that Saurabh used a slow shutterspeed and panned the camera a bit.

And because the crop is so tight and he was not perpendicular to the aircraft, the front part of the aircraft is (relatively to the camera) travelling faster than the tail part of the aircraft, causing blurriness in the front part.

This sounds fuzzy but when you draw the situation on a piece of paper it becomes clear

Roel.
                    Last edited by Diezel; 2008-06-17, 17:21.

Comment

Diezel, I think you might be right. Come to think of it I have a shot of a Tornado GR4 on landing. I had to pan as using low shutter speed, and the back end is lovely but the front is out (mores the pity). Oh the joyus of our hobby...

Duncan

Comment

By the way, is there a way of attaching my forum banner to all my posts without having to copy and paste evey time (usually resulting in me forgetting, openning a new page copy, go beck edit and then paste)??

Cheers

Duncan

Comment

Put the link in your signature.

Comment

Yep, add it to your signature.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Test post for signature upload...

Comment

Working...
                              X