Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Recent Rejection.

Hey

First post on the forums , Hope im in the right place.

Anyhow, Ive got tonnes of photos on my hard drive that im thinking of uploading onto Jetphotos.

I tried Uploading one not to long ago, I seriously thought maybe It would get rejected for noise, Or grain, Or low qaulity, Because i dont think its good enough to be on this site. However it was rejected for - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)

Heres the photo URL......

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1973071

What software would be able to centre the aircraft or rotate it so its straight, I can see why it was rejected.

Any suggestions will be highly appreatiated.

Thanks.

Mike.

You can do the centering while cropping the photo in practically any editing software out there. And every software I know is able to rotate an image if needed.

Comment

Mike,
      Nice pic you have here.... it's just a bit too low in the frame (showing too much sky). As a general rule try to center your pic on the plane's windows. And as Stefan just said, any editing software is able to crop a picture.

cheers
      Alex

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions

Ive tried Cropping the photo so that there isnt as much sky, And so that the aircraft is in the center, However I then uploaded it in 1024X768 Format, And it seems theres a loss in qaulity, I use PictureProject to edit my photos.

Heres the URL of the new photo....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1978508

Is this ok ?

Should i try maybe 800X600 ?
        Should i keep it in the Que ?

Sorry for all the qeustions im asking here.

Thanks For all your help guys

Mike.

Comment

Looks fine now Mike .. Jid

Comment

Works for me as well....

....and don't be sorry for asking questions, that's what we're here for.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You guys think this one might stand a chance.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1978880

Ive got a few from this spot on this morning.

Once again. Thanks

Mike.

Comment

Mike,

It's soft, grainy and needs to come up in the frame. Centre just below the window line.

Comment

Ok thanks

what software would you recomend For editing photos, I only use Picture Project At the moment.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Comment

Adobe Photoshop series. Prices differ dramatically depending on where you live. CS3 in the USA is $630......in the UK its £500+, almost two thirds more than the US price. If you live in the UK and go to the US Adobe site to order you automatically get redirected to the UK site and the UK price. !!!

Photoshop elements 6 is very good for the price, around £60 in the UK and $80 in the USA ( source Amazon.co.uk and Amazon .com ). Much cheaper in the USA.

Photoshop CS2 if you can get a copy at a reasonable price but "reasonable" is dependant on your earnings. Be warned....If you find a copy of CS2 make sure it's boxed, unused and not a student copy. CS2 bought secondhand must be registered with Adobe as having been uninstalled from the owners' computer to allow the registration key to be valid. The same goes for CS3. I use Photoshop CS3 but that cost me £500 plus. The student versions require a student confirmation from a university or similar.

All in all, Photoshop Elements 6 is probably your best bet

Comment

Thank You Very much.

Ive uploaded another one in the que.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1979677

Ive centred it and cropped out some sky.

It looks abit Grainy in places.

thanks.

Mike.

Comment

This one has too much noise/grain and it's too soft. So I'd say it wouldn't make it into the database. Did you apply sharpening to the complete image oder only to parts of it? Maybe you should try to apply sharpening only to the aircraft, this should avoid grainy sky a bit.

Comment

Ok thanks for the help guys.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X