• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screener you are wrong !

I have no problem with a rejection !
    But in this case the screener was very wrong
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1974434
    This picture was taken on the ramp and without any objects in the close nabour. Appael was wasted time. Headscreeners' answer was someting like 'I believe' and 'it looks'. Only defending the discission of the screener and without any personal vision on this picture. Sorry guys, but I need to say this.
    Greetz,

No the appeal screener said : "I believe the screeners are referring to the "shadow" in the lower right corner of the photo. It looks like you tried to take this photo through a fence."

And the question remains, what is that shadow and what is it doing in the lower right corner of the photo.

So the screener was not wrong at all.

Comment

No sir,

It's only a shadow from a building - No fence of something like that - I can't remove what's in the frame. Otherwise I would violate the rules of PP-net.

Greetz,

Comment

At first I did'nt see it, but looking closer you can see "something" on the lower right. I've had this happen to me when shooting through a fence, and I wouldn't realize it till' I get home and see it on a computer when it's too late

Hower I think it does look more like a shadow than a fence IMO .. but yet again, I don't too many shots in the db

Comment

If it is a building I would re-upload it anfd add a remark that the shadow is the shadow of a building. We can only judge what we see or how something looks like. In that case it could very well be part of a fence.

Comment

Originally posted by oo-jan
            No sir,

It's only a shadow from a building - No fence of something like that - I can't remove what's in the frame. Otherwise I would violate the rules of PP-net.

Greetz,
            Some frames just aren't suitable for uploading at all unfortunately.
            By the way, this is not PP-net, it is JetPhotos.net!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
              By the way, this is not PP-net, it is JetPhotos.net!
              On this point you are right.

Comment

I can only echo Seahawk's words. Resubmit it with an explanation.

And when I first looked at it, I thought it was a fence wire as well. I've got lots of shots like that of my own over the years !!
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'm no screener and it's just my unasked opinion...

On my screen the shadow continues right until the grass aside the taxiway. In the foregroung, it kind of continues into your lens, I therefore assume, that you were standing very close to the shadow. I'd say, the building must continue behind you, as the shadow behind the aircraft is in the axis of the camera, so the sun and also the building must be somewhere in your back?

Also, the bright-dark border is, again imho, way too weak to be from a building...

Anyway, a nice picture.

Comment

Was the building behind you? (as the "shadow" looks like it was.)

That being the case, I would expect a shadow of you on the concrete in front of you?

Comment

I really have to say that creating a thread and saying "screener you are wrong" isn't the way to get anywhere. Had I screened that image on the site on the site I'm with, I would have rejected for exactly the same reason. There are occasionally times when you have to use the nearest rejection reason to what you're seeing, and if there isn't a 'weird shadow on the right' category, the nearest thing to it must be used. As you didn't explain what the shadow is or why it's there, you have to accept that the screeners are simply judging an image on what they see, which is all you can possibly expect them to do!

Paul
                      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

You should recall also that the last screener left you a note in the rejection email. "Looks like a fence in the right lower corner". I have a feeling that you didn't read the complete email as you made no comment on the screeners' note in your appeal.

I would urge everyone who gets a rejection to read the complete rejection email. Screeners often leave the photographer a helpful note, even if it's a short one-liner.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                        X