Dust spot removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust spot removal

Guys, a question about removing dust spots.

(talking about PhotoShop Elements 5.0 this time ...)

1.) duplicate layer
    2.) choose spot healing brush
    3.) apply this, removing spots
    4.) remove layer

But ... when I duplicate layer again, they´re still there!!
    What goes wrong here?

Also when I follow this from the Jid-flow (Move the pointer [of the Healing Brush Tool] just to the left or right of the spot, hold the Alt button down and press the left mouse button) they´re still there!!

Help!

Hinkelbein

Originally posted by Hinkelbein
    Guys, a question about removing dust spots.

(talking about PhotoShop Elements 5.0 this time ...)

1.) duplicate layer
    2.) choose spot healing brush
    3.) apply this, removing spots
    4.) remove layer

But ... when I duplicate layer again, they´re still there!!
    What goes wrong here?

Also when I follow this from the Jid-flow (Move the pointer [of the Healing Brush Tool] just to the left or right of the spot, hold the Alt button down and press the left mouse button) they´re still there!!

Help!

Hinkelbein
    What you do is, after you've created the duplicate layer and equalized it, you select the original layer and then clone over the dust spots. You won't see them go away. When you're done, right click on the duplicate layer and delete it. Then equalize the image to make sure you got all of the dust spots.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      What you do is, after you've created the duplicate layer and equalized it, you select the original layer and then clone over the dust spots. You won't see them go away.
      Excactly.
      You make the same mistake as I did in the beginning: clone the dust spots on the duplicate layer.
      You have to do this on the original one!(but you won't see anything happen).
      After that, remove the duplicate layer and the dust spots should be gone on the original one.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try that next time. Went to AMS/EHAM today to produce new dust spot removal material

Comment

Working...
        X