small prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small prop?

Sorry for bringing this one up again but I don't want to have to re-submit to the 6200 like the original upload. I have categorised the Tucano RAF prop trainer as 'small prop'. Am I correct in doing this. It is such a tricky category to call IMO, but fun .

Duncan

I'd say Yes....because I uploaded one as a small prop last week and it was accepted. !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I uploaded a Tucano of the Arg. Air Force without clicking on the small prop category and it got in too ...

Comment

That's a borderline case. Those "props" are among the largest single prop planes in the world, along with all WW2 fighter. A TBM Avenger is huge, so is the P-47 and so on... Those are not considered as small prop but only vintage. If you look here
        http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...t=41981&page=1 I would say "yes" as a Socata TBM-700 is selected as small prop.
        As it's a borederline case, just leave a note to the screener and we'll take care of checking the right category.

Best regards
        Alex

PS : Alberto, Viva River Plate !!! (signed "The biggest River Plate fan in Switzerland")
        Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2008-06-25, 12:29.

Comment

I would not select it and leave a note to the screeners, that you did not know if to select or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
            a Socata TBM-700 is selected as small prop.
            I would also put the Trainers PC-7, 9 and 21 into this category.

Same for the the PC-6 which is already borderline IMO - but according to the linked post, even the PC-12 is "small" ... (I'll get over it, sometimes )
            Last edited by bleuair; 2008-06-25, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair
              even the PC-12 is "small" ... (I'll get over it, sometimes )
              LOL same for me

Comment

Working...
              X