Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Containing over 150,000LB's of thrust !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Containing over 150,000LB's of thrust !!

Hey Guys.

I need some 3rd party opinions on a new type of photo i tried at birmingham, i tried to capture all that power when aircraft rolled down the runway.

after a tiny bit of editing, here she is.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2011454

Chances ??

Maybe abit more editing needs to be done ?

Thanks.

Mike.

Hey Mike,

I'd try to crop her a little tighter, high chance it'll be rejected for the subject being too far in the frame.

Also, it's underexposed and needs histogram editing.

also oversharpened.

Just start again with it, and this time try doing it like this.

Crop closer (easy enough).

When you get to the levels, drag the slide bar on the right towards the left until it touches the base of the graph. Another good way to do this is to press ALT while you're making this adjustment, it'll then show you a clipping mask. In the current state, the highlight clipping mask will be black, but you'll notice that once you start to move the slider to the left (while pressing alt) the sky and maybe the top of the aircraft will start to appear in white, just as that starts to happen, stop there! You'll notice the image wont look as dull as before.

As for the sharpening, you'll notice on the wings, and on the tail that you have jagged lines. First of all, create a duplicate layer. Depending on how focussed your image is, give it sweeps of Unsharp mask at setting 100% at 0.2 pixels. If after 1 its still not sharp, give it another sweep, when the jagged lines begin to appear, get the eraser and rub them out.

Hope that helps you with your image. If you need more help, just send me the original. Add me on msn if you like as well, I'm on the computer more often than not these days.

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

thanks

I'll work on it now.

Thanks agen.

Mike.

Comment

Anytime man. Have you editied it yet?

Comment

Not at the moment Had a few things to do, i'll probs get her edited for 2moro morning, I'll add you on msn or something maybe ?

Im abit stuck of how to use photoshop lol, I only used to use Picture Project.

Mike

Comment

Yea by all means add me on MSN, I'll show you round photoshop. The basics aren't really that difficult to be honest and once you get used to it, you'll be nailing every single shot

I'm out ice skating tommorow. We'll talk on msn in the evening (thats if I dont come home with a sore ass that is!)

[email protected]

see ya.

Comment

Working...
            X