Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to ask for upload size

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering as im 54 shots into JP when should I apply for the larger upload size?

Is it based on quality or a set number?

I'm getting pretty excited as the larger size makes every photo so much better.

Cheers
    Ben

Good question. Sometimes it is frustrating to resize a 10M pixels picture that would be great @1600 to 1024. When editing an aircraft with lots of thin lines, you also loose too much quality, as it gets jagged even when resizing with the "smooth gradient" tool.

Anyway I don't think this is a new debate but as I'm also quite new in the forum so I'd be glad to know some views on this subject !

Comment

Originally posted by reiko
      When editing an aircraft with lots of thin lines, you also loose too much quality, as it gets jagged even when resizing with the "smooth gradient" tool!
      One way to prevent smooth lines to get that jagged appearance is to resize in multiple steps, rather than in just one.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can request a larger upload size when you have 100 pics in the db...

Comment

if you have a low rejection rate and a good number of quality shots in the DB there should be no problem to get a larger upload size. (and I far as I remember it's not about a certain num of pics in the DB but I could be wrong)

Comment

And od not forget one thing, every fault in the photo becomes more and more visible with the increasing size. A pic that might make the cut at 1024 might be a clear reject at 1600px.

Comment

I applied and got it, is it true that its harder to get shots accepted? I havent been to the airport since!

Comment

Yep, it's harder, mainly because flaws are easier for us to detect.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
              X