Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

I have had several rejections (3 times) for "Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots".

When I looked to these photos, I saw birds flying and in some cases another airplane far away.

What are the rules? Do I have to remove every spot made by birds or other airplanes in the distance, or do I have to tell the screeners that sometimes there is something flying in the sky above an airfield.

Could you post a couple of examples please Paul ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Here is one.

The rejection reasons were: - Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
      - Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots

But I have had in the past also rejections withe only the
      - CMOS Dust spots-
      reason. And then ther were birds flying in the distance.

Comment

I have to say that equalisation in my PS CS3 on my monitor does not show any dust spots.

Comment

Well, I see a dust spot on top middle, from the wingtip straight up .... and that's without equalizing the photo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            Well, I see a dust spot on top middle, from the wingtip straight up .... and that's without equalizing the photo
            Yep, there it is, right there:

You have a good eye to see it without equalizing

Comment

You have to have a bloody good eye to see it WITH equalisation....and I still don't see it

Comment

Yes, now I see it. I always equalize my photos, to look for dustspots, but this one I did not see.

So, the birds are not quilty of the rejection?

Comment

Looking at your screening history, dust spots do seem to be less then 10% of your recent rejections, never being the only reason. In those still listed in the db I can only find one pic, where the spot might have been a bird. But in that case the other reason for rejection is so clear, that it really does not matter for the outcome of the screening process.

To answer your questions, if we see the possibility that a spot might be a bird, we usually accept the photo, if it has no other faults. If it has other faults we most likely will add dust spots to the list, in that case it means plz check if it is a bird/plane and tell us, if you re-upload after fixing all other errors.

Comment

Stefan,

Yes I know there are other reasons to reject my photos, but I was just wondering about the dustspot-reason, because I saw no dustspots (either did Brian). I saw only the birds.

In other photos I removed the birds. Certainly when you saw them as little black spots.

Comment

Working...
                    X