X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human?

Yeah,
    Human is human !
    If just let me known was Bad motive (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2120367) I will do not re edit but the last time Oversharpen (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2114829 ) make me hope my shot will oke!
    So sad..............................................

I love JP.net

You have to consider international copyright laws, which state that a person owns the right of a photo taken of him/her. In that case the 2 persons on the front seats can be seen as the main subject and therefore are the legit holder of the copyright to that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      You have to consider international copyright laws, which state that a person owns the right of a photo taken of him/her. In that case the 2 persons on the front seats can be seen as the main subject and therefore are the legit holder of the copyright to that pic.
      I know,
      But I wantder, the Reason(s) For Rejection ?
      If the screnner just say Bad motive I will not re dit again!
      Anyway, thank a lots!
      rgds,
      kanehoshi

I love JP.net

Comment

Yeah, bad motive and is hould have been rejected as such right from the first up-load.

Comment

Yeah, bad motive and is hould have been rejected as such right from the first up-load.
          yeah!
          But human, how to fix!
          rgds,
          kanehoshi
          P/S: Pls, close this topic !

I love JP.net

Comment

Bad motive doesn't mean you need to re-edit it (atleast in most cases) - The screeners obviously think it's not suitable to the DB. Adding more USM won't make the bad motive go away.

3.4 Motive

Means we are not sure what you are trying to show us with your picture, what is the motive for the shot? It can also mean that your picture is not sufficiently aviation related for us to accept.

Window view shots must either be an overview of an airport or have a significant amount of the aircraft in view and be visually appealing, a wingtip plus a few clouds is not what we are looking for here.

Be careful with airport views too, an overview of the front of an airport is usually ok but a picture of some random people in coffee bars is not.
            http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854

The only human fix is finding a better motive, or in you're case asking permission to the guys in the picture. Maybe one for the personal collection - Remember taking pictures is a hobby to most of us, we don't take pictures just to get them on Jetphotos

Comment

What are "international copyright laws"? Each country has its own copyright laws. I assure you, in the United States, if I took a photo like the one in question, I would own the copyright to it. There are restrictions as to what I do with it (For example, I cannot use it for sales/advertising uses without a model release) but the subjects of the photo do not hold the copyright.
              KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

But the person could object to the public display of the picture. Which is what jp.net is offering.

Comment

Copyright laws and sharpening apart, the photo shows two - very well recogizable - people sitting around in an airport lounge. The main subject, the framing, everythng is focussed on these two men. That's why we tend to reject such photos as bad motive.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Correct Gerardo, I was one of the screeners on this. Two faces shown clearly in the front and centre of the picture does necesitate a motive rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
                      What are "international copyright laws"? Each country has its own copyright laws. I assure you, in the United States, if I took a photo like the one in question, I would own the copyright to it. There are restrictions as to what I do with it (For example, I cannot use it for sales/advertising uses without a model release) but the subjects of the photo do not hold the copyright.
                      Copyright laws are not all that different since copyright is regulated by the Berne Convention. I suspect that the position as you have stated it would apply in most countries.

Comment

Not forgetting the "invasion of privacy" rule , youll never get rid of the rejection reason im affraid , one for the collection

regards

Comment

Just curious about this topic. Recently i saw a pic of the inaugration ceremony of the new jetBlue terminal at JFK. The pic showed a bunch of ladies and the CEO fo jetBlue. That apparently was ok. Also a bunch of pics with pilot's recognizable clearly too are on here.

So my question is, when is it ok to have "clearly recognizable" faces in the picture.

thanks
                          Saurabh

Comment

Don't know, which photos you mean. But I could imagine, that an opening ceremony as mentioned above is something special, where the screeners may forgive a few recognizable faces. The original photo in this topic is quite different as a) that was not a special shot and b) the faces were the main subject.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hey gerardo, i am not defending the main shot that started this thread. I am just trying to see what would be acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                              X