Color calibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color calibration?

I was showing Chasen a few of my pics and he's noticed that the colors seem weird on a lot of my photos, yet they look fine on my monitor. As far as I can tell I have my monitor calibrated correctly for brightness and all of that, but is there a way calibrate it so that I know I'm seeing all of the colors properly? I haven't gotten any recent rejections for bad color or anything, although that doesn't necessarily mean the problem doesn't exist.

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
    is there a way calibrate it
    One of the best way in which I calibrate my monitor is by setting the desktop background to BLACK and then see at what setting the blacks look perfect.

OR just fiddle with your monitor settings, and stick with what looks best by referencing some of the better shots u've seen online, If they look fine to u then thats your setting.

Cheers

Comment

Oh it's all Chasens fault...he's from Frisco....
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
        Seeing all those rainbow patterns has affected his color vision.

Comment

Well I'm used to my HD moniter, not your 1996 model hahaha.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
            Well I'm used to my HD moniter, not your 1996 model hahaha.
            OhSnap!

13in CRT....

Comment

Anybody can help me? who have a color calibrator device or program for the monitor? easy and reliable
              My 1000th picture at JP!
              AUDACES - FORTUNA - JUVAT

Comment

Proper colour calibration needs to be done with a software/hardware method. It involves having a colour dongle in front of your screen. The software part then sends colour blocks to the screen which are read by the dongle. Once the colours have all been read a colour profile is produced which is then used by your monitor. This product is similar to the one I use

Pantone and x-rite also make calibration products. They are all good and don't forget you need to calibrate your monitor once every two weeks.

Jid

Comment

I have the Spyder 3 Pro. It is really easy to calibrate your monitor with that device. You just put it against your monitor and run the software. It only takes about 5 minutes (+30 minutes to warm up your monitor).

The software will show you at the end of the process what the difference is between the before and after calibration situation.

It will set you back around $125.

Roel.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but is there anything.. free? I got another complaint about the colors on my monitor looking weird, although it was my cousin and he doesn't know anything. (of course he then decided to f*ck with the colors on my monitor right away without asking )So I don't know if it's MY monitor that's off or his. I've tried using Adobe Gamma, but I'm honestly at a loss on how to do it. I think my monitor's fine as far as black and whites goes, but 2 people have now said the colors look weird. Like I've said though, I haven't gotten any rejections for bad color, so I don't know if there's a severe problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                      I just love Frisco, returned from it five days ago.
                      And who is that in your avatar? That's right, probably one of the most famous San Francisconians

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
                        I just love Frisco, returned from it five days ago.
                        And who is that in your avatar? That's right, probably one of the most famous San Francisconians
                        That's right, Dirty Harry....and he is how criminals should be dealt with!

Comment

...and I'd like to add these links for the Linux users (like me...)

OK, I was very enthusiastic in my last entry to see my Spyder calibration device supported in ArgyllCMS. So much that I didn’t read any documentation and just typed the first command that I c…

hope this can help some friends of the Penguin!

Comment

Working...
                          X