• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overexposed

Hello Guys,

i cant understand this rejection both with overexposed

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2126673

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2126689

I cant believe this, 'cause my histogramm must lay me... Ive converted with raw an i can look for it what overexposed or not.

Some other people agree with me, but whats your idea?
    Regards Swen

Histograms are ok, but you should use your eyes too, not only the tools. The fuselage on both pictures are too bright, they almost seem as they totally whitened. Reduce the exposure a bit when converting from RAW, and use "Fill Light" or other tool to make the rest of the picture a bit brighter.

Comment

Hm, ive two LCD's and on both are ok. If i reduce the second pic it seems more then to dark.
      Regards Swen

Comment

Originally posted by Swen View Post
        Hm, ive two LCD's and on both are ok. If i reduce the second pic it seems more then to dark.
        The picture is not overexposed. But it just looks like it and it ain't good. In this case, most of the effect comes from rest of the picture, which is pretty dark. Try reducing the exposure A BIT when converting it from RAW, and use Fill Light or Shadow\Highlight tool to lighten up the rest of the shot (but not overdo it too).

Try to achieve something like this: (I don't have the original so I had to improvise. And on a silly monitor in my office too)

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Comment

Ah! Thanks for your explain. Now i think i know my way. Ok, i want to try it better next time.

Thanks again.
          Regards Swen

Comment

You have a typical exposure for such shots at DUS. In editing it is very important to very careful when adjusting the levels. Clipping the blacks will make the pictures overexposed. I recommend using a suitable curve to brighten up the dark and mid tones a little while giving the highlights a subtle reduction.

Comment

Working...
            X