Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera ?'s

Hi
    I am new to aviation photography. I am 16 and have a nikon COolpix 4300. Is this a good camera to take pic's of aircraft, etc?

it's a good beginning camera.

Comment

It's the photographer that takes the picture, not the camera. Let's see what you can do...............

Comment

Re: Digital Camera ?'s

Originally posted by indianboy821
        Hi
        I am new to aviation photography. I am 16 and have a nikon COolpix 4300. Is this a good camera to take pic's of aircraft, etc?
        I think it is OK. I have taken all of my photos with Coolpix 4300. Take a look if you like...
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=2864

Comment

Just make sure you also got photoshop to correct lighting, horizon and some basics! Don't think about cloning a tail, not allowed!

Microsoft photoeditor is abosolute trash at re-sizing and sharpening among other things. I must have annoyed plenty of screeners after re-submitting around 20 pics because I just got photoshop today.

By looking at this, 4 megapixels and up to 1/1000 shutter speed, this camera seems fine for spotting. The 3x zoom may not be practical for stuff like nose closeups though.
          http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...nikon4300.html

Comment

Microsoft photoeditor is abosolute trash at re-sizing and sharpening among other things. I must have annoyed plenty of screeners after re-submitting around 20 pics because I just got photoshop today.
            Since I don't have photoshop yet, I usually use Microdoft Photo Editor to edit my pictures, and I quite like it.

Earlier I used to use photoimpression, but I prefer Photoeditor to that.

However, no doubt, Photoshop/Photoshop elements is the best.

Tanuj.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
            X