Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad motive

Hello all,

can anyone explain me what's bad about the motive?

Thanks in advance,
    Joop

Well to start off there are way to many recognisable faces in the photo, secondly it just doesn't visually 'work' really. I for one am left wondering what your motive for shooting a bunch of miserable looking people around a gate area was? I can understand you may think; 'I'm showing an area of the airport', but in the same respect someone could say for shooting the toilets at an airport... Just because we accept terminal shots doesn't mean anything and everything will be acceptable I'm afraid Joop. Just think a little bit more about being artistic/creative with the shot and show us something interesting in an airport. Hope this helps a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436 View Post
      Well to start off there are way to many recognisable faces in the photo, secondly it just doesn't visually 'work' really. I for one am left wondering what your motive for shooting a bunch of miserable looking people around a gate area was? I can understand you may think; 'I'm showing an area of the airport', but in the same respect someone could say for shooting the toilets at an airport... Just because we accept terminal shots doesn't mean anything and everything will be acceptable I'm afraid Joop. Just think a little bit more about being artistic/creative with the shot and show us something interesting in an airport. Hope this helps a bit
      Hi Dan,
      thanks for the feedback. I guess you are right.

Joop

Comment

For me it looks like a photo of the check-in machines.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          For me it looks like a photo of the check-in machines.
          Hi Joop,

I have to agree with Seahawk. Bad Motive generally means it isn't clear what you're actually trying to show, and that's the case with this image. Are you trying to show the building itself? The desk? The gate? Whichever it is, there isn't one clear aspect of the photo that says 'I'm a photo of xxxx'. Compositionally it's quite cluttered. The machines in the foreground (whatever they're called) and the pillars in the centre/left are very intrusive and draw your eye away from other parts of the image. It's also very dark. I assume this was hand held using flash? A better way of doing it may possibly have been to rest the camera on the desk and get a wide angle shot towards the windows on the right. It would have certainly given you a less 'busy' and more focussed image.

Hope that helps,

Paul
          Last edited by PMN; 2008-11-24, 11:17.
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X