Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night shot, too strong spotlights?

Hello everybody!

I took this shot this evening and I find the lights very strong. Unfortunately there's nothing much I could do, because the original ones are very strong too.

What do you think of it and, to screeners, would it be acceptable? Thank you very much in advance for helping me

http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/11/30/85/75/baboo-10.jpg

Originally posted by TopGun37 View Post
    Hello everybody!

I took this shot this evening and I find the lights very strong. Unfortunately there's nothing much I could do, because the original ones are very strong too.

What do you think of it and, to screeners, would it be acceptable? Thank you very much in advance for helping me

http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/11/30/85/75/baboo-10.jpg
    I think it would be accepted,very cool light effects.
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Looks too strong to me. Do you use any filter to get such light effects ?

Comment

Not any! My other shots of tonight are ok, but the ones with the Baboo all give this, regardless of the settings. All pictures were taken in RAW.

Comment

Can you share the exifs ?

i'm just wondering how you can get that big light effects.

About the upload, it doesnt cost anything to try

Comment

6 sec exposure time, f/10, iso 100, focal 149mm, taken with an EOS400D and a Sigma 70-300 lens.
            It was after heavy rain, but the lens, the cam and everything else were of course dry and cleaned cautiously just before use (no special product used).

Comment

Any other opinion please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaudard View Post
                Looks too strong to me. Do you use any filter to get such light effects ?
                The light effect is caused by the aperture:

http://dptnt.com/2007/12/what-causes...-night-photos/

Comment

Thank you very much whv, that's a very interesting article!

Comment

In its current state, I don't think it would be. It's a little oversharpened. As for the lights, I'm not sure on that. Other screeners may have a different opinion. Maybe less time, wider aperture to calm the lights down a little!

Comment

Yes, that's what I've concluded too reading the article. Next time wider aperture.
                      As for oversharpening and the rest I know, I did not really took time to perfect it.

Thanks for your answers though.

Comment

Before you bin it, try adjusting the dark tones histogram arrow and darken the midtone arrow a little. Try 10 for the dark and 86 for the mid tones. It much improves the contrast and calms the starbursts down a bit.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Oh no it won't go to the bin I'll try what you said and upload it; we'll see

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X