Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX-A343
    replied
    It needs some CCW rotation. You took it with 18mm, which means, the photo will have some barrel distortion. Apparently you leveled it by the fence poles on the right, leaving the ones on the left heavily leaning CW. As already mentioned, use something in the middle, for example the fence pole in the middle of the photo, under the flag.

Cheerio
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• AFlyingMachine
    replied
    I was wondering if this is okay to upload as well?

Leave a comment:

• Powercube
    replied
    the green one looks like a Soviet FAB-100, if not a 100- it's still a Soviet FAB. The other appears to be some sort of practice bomb.

Leave a comment:

• AFlyingMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
    Two questions:

1.) Where is this? (May I have a guess? Egypt?)
    2.) Wo dropped the bombs?

Nice pics!

Greets,

Hinkelbein
    thank you Hinkelbein!

Yes it is in Cairo, I am having trip across Europe and Middle East for summer. It is at a place called the 1973 October War Panorama, a museum about the 1973 Yom Kippur War/crossing of the Suez.

I guess bombs dropped by Egypt in Sinai, at Israelis! But they have lots of captured bombs and missiles from Israel too. Museum has many tanks too.

Leave a comment:

• Hinkelbein
    replied
    Two questions:

1.) Where is this? (May I have a guess? Egypt?)
    2.) Wo dropped the bombs?

Nice pics!

Greets,

Hinkelbein

Leave a comment:

• AFlyingMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    They both check out OK now although the first one looks like it's leaning to the right. Just goes to show how visual cues can throw the human brain off level !!

When you upload leave a note to the screeners on how you have levelled them. It won't hurt to add that the issue has been discussed in the forums as well.
    thank you so much you've been great help. and yes the visual cues definitely throw you off!

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    testing something. Didn't work. Please ignore. Admin, could you delete this please ?

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    They both check out OK now although the first one looks like it's leaning to the right. Just goes to show how visual cues can throw the human brain off level !!

When you upload leave a note to the screeners on how you have levelled them. It won't hurt to add that the issue has been discussed in the forums as well.

Leave a comment:

• AFlyingMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    For the first pic I think this is one of those occasions where you need to use a horizontal line rather than a vertical to level it. I would suggest using the white lines acroass the base of the picture as they are the ones that make my eyes see it as unlevel.

For the second pic, you need to use a background building vertical as close to the centre of the picture as possible. Using verticals at either side will not work due to the wideangle effect. In the finished picture it doesn't matter if the verticals at the extreme left and right side lean inwards, this is to be expected with a wideangle shot.
    I took your advice and tried these:

and

is that improved?

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    For the first pic I think this is one of those occasions where you need to use a horizontal line rather than a vertical to level it. I would suggest using the white lines acroass the base of the picture as they are the ones that make my eyes see it as unlevel.

For the second pic, you need to use a background building vertical as close to the centre of the picture as possible. Using verticals at either side will not work due to the wideangle effect. In the finished picture it doesn't matter if the verticals at the extreme left and right side lean inwards, this is to be expected with a wideangle shot.

Leave a comment:

• AFlyingMachine
    started a topic Need help leveling

Need help leveling

I need help leveling these two photos:

and

I'm having a hard time explaining the problem, so here's a photo to illustrate it:

This photo is just to illustrate, I'm not going to upload it. You can see here how some of the buildings lean towards the left, and aren't levelled.

It must be bad construction because there is no true level in the buildings. The horizon is not uniform. When I make one building level, the ones next to it lean! This is very frustrating and annoying.

In the first photo, the fence posts aren't level with the background because they are made to slant along with the street. The platform the planes are on however is even. So is it okay to upload this photo if the fence posts in the background are not level?! the actual platform is level.

any help is really appreciated, thanks!
Working...
X