Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar?

Dear all,
    Sometime I uploaded photos and some of them reject because similar.
    I know screnner (s) is human but sometime make me envy.
    At a look this photos:

Have a good day !

I love JP.net

And the sense of this thread is exactly what?
    Peter
    http://www.vap-group.at
    http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

Kaneshobi,
      I really don't see your point here neither. Those shots are NOT similar and are of a perfect quality.
      It's true that you had quiet a few similar rejections but that was mainly for similar angles of approaching planes. I think you really need to be more selective and unless it's some rare aircraft try not to send more than one pic from the same landing/taxi sequence. And looking at your portfolio let me tell you I could also point on many similar shots accepted.

Best regards
      Alex

Comment

And is also a very bad style to drag out the work of other photographers and say that 50% of the displayed pics should not have made it into the db.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          And is also a very bad style to drag out the work of other photographers and say that 50% of the displayed pics should not have made it into the db.
          Well that is not really what he wrote.
          If photographers show their work publicly, why can't their images be used to show an example or to assist a discussion

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
          Kaneshobi,
          I really don't see your point here neither. Those shots are NOT similar and are of a perfect quality.
          I think anyone would accept an answer of "that's the way it goes at times", but I can see no reason why we can’t accept that these images are similar……..
          My opinion......... but that is why we contribute to the forum.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson View Post
            Well that is not really what he wrote.
            If photographers show their work publicly, why can't their images be used to show an example or to assist a discussion
            What I said is what he says in essence.

My pics were rejected for similar -> look at those they are similar too -> they should not have been accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
              What I said is what he says in essence.

My pics were rejected for similar -> look at those they are similar too -> they should not have been accepted.
              I don't agree. He means (I think):

My pics were rejected for being similar > these look similar > they are accepted > mine should, too.

1.) I find the first two pictures not at all similar. Different angle, the second showing way more than the first.
              The second pair I find really similar.
              2.) He doesn't say anywhere that the pictures he uses as examples shouldn't have made it in the dbase.
              3.) It would help if the topic starter showed his pics that were rejected (or is it just me that doesn't know about what picture(s) this is?)

Greets,

Hinkelbein

Comment

3.) It would help if the topic starter showed his pics that were rejected (or is it just me that doesn't know about what picture(s) this is?)
                ...and that is precisely why Stefan posted his comment, one which I agree with.

If Kanehoshi had posted some pics and said .."These were rejected for similar" and those pics had been much the same as the ones he posted from two other photographers then I might possibly have had some sympathy for him.

I say "might possibly", the fact remains that he should only post his rejects and ask for comments on them. To hold up another photographer's work that has already been accepted is considered to be unacceptable here.

I realise there is a possibility of an misinterpretation of intent here but Kanehoshi has a history of uploading similars. Some get rejected but some still get through on the ethos of "Seek to accept, not to reject" where the screeners allow benefit of the doubt on borderline similars, not to mention other errors. A goodly few pictures on this site are there as a result of this ethos. The day that JP loses that ethos will probably be the day that I leave.

In the meantime, if a photographer has a problem with screener actions on their pictures, then post them here for discussion. They may wind up being accepted, they may not. What is certain though is that useful lessons will be learned without others being held up to embarrassment.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Exactly.

If we would know which photos he had rejected we might could explain to him, that he has 10+ shots of the plane in the db from which 3 are similar to the rejected one, while the other photographer has only 2 photos overall, althiough they might be borderline similar.

Nevertheless I have asked the screening team to look more carefully for similars, so that the consistency can be improved.
                  Last edited by seahawk; 2008-12-17, 12:51.

Comment

Failing to see some examples of rejected photos posted by Kanehoshi himself I browsed just a few of his rejections. Sorry to say, Kanehoshi, but they have been correctly rejected. You have been told numerous times now to be more selective. After these three shots ....
                    [photoid=6324464] [photoid=6436970] [photoid=6324459] .. this one here will OF COURSE be rejected for similar: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2254513

The shots you posted are NOWHERE to be compared with your rejections.

Again: be more selective. Try something new.

Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Kanehoshi I do not think you can say you have been treated harshly for similiar rejections in the past.If it is any consolation to you from a non-crew member If I had submitted the other photographers cabin shot photos and one was rejected for "similiar" I would not have appealed.
                      The cockpit shots on the other hand were different in many ways and it is right they got through.
                      It is futile in terms of acceptance results and for your own sanity to use others accepted photos as reasons why yours were not,just say to yourself congrats to him or her that theirs got through.

Comment

Working...
                      X