Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird/Vintage Category

Hi all,

Quick question: are Vietnam-era aircraft considered warbird/vintage? Here's the shot I am trying to upload, unsure if I should check it or not. There are no more A-5s flying, haven't been flying for decades now.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2264670

Thanks,
    Chris

If it is in a museum or on display on a pole, you can not go wrong with vintage.

Comment

Just a question regarding the topic starterīs question and the given answer:

What then about the F-4 Phantom? There are several on display in various museums, but they are still in service in many countries!

Greets,

Hinkelbein

Comment

My personal feeling would be that if the F4 pic showed a currently serving aircraft then no, not warbird/vintage.
        If it shows an aircraft no longer in service then yes, warbird/vintage.

It's a bit difficult this one because to my mind, the F4 is sort of on the razor edge of becoming vintage. It's a bit like the Harrier. The first prototypes and now out of service models are certainly vintage but you wouldn't describe a currently serving GR4 series as that.

Crew comments ?
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

If the planes are flown by the military then I don't think they should be considered "warbird/vintage". If they have a N number and flown by a civilian like the Sabre's or are in museum or on poles then they should get the warbird/vintage category.

Comment

Very easy
            F-4 in museum or private collections : Vintage
            F-4 in service : NOT Vintage

regards
            Alex

Comment

I do have one picture uploaded that is F-4 Phantom but I didnīt check "Vintage" at the time. It was accepted, though. Should it be changed to Vintage?

http://www.jetphotos.net/photolink.php?id=6415292

And Brian: the Phantom may be become Vintage in the USAF, but how about this for Greece, Turkey, Israel, Germany who still have them in service?
              (I really donīt know, just asking the question).
              Last edited by Hinkelbein; 2008-12-20, 18:42. Reason: forgot something

Comment

In this case the F4 is on display in a museum. If it is there to stay, the category should be changed to warburd/vintage.

Roel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
                  And Brian: the Phantom may be become Vintage in the USAF, but how about this for Greece, Turkey, Israel, Germany who still have them in service?
                  (I really donīt know, just asking the question).
                  Again, if in service (like Greece, Turkey, Iran...) NOT VINTAGE

Comment

Working...
                  X