Worth a shot or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth a shot or not?

I have started to sift through some photos from my trip to DCA a few months ago and since the weather was sub-par most of my shots aren't worth editing. There are a few that came out halfway decent.

I was wondering if any of the shots from this angle are worth editing or need to reside in my personal collection.

Any input is appreciated.

-Chris

Hi Chris!

Just my opinion here, so please allow for the ones who really know about this give theirs
    I see the shot with too much dead space and a bit off centered (the plane is too high in the frame). I'd crop it a bit tighter and centering it could make it. I'd also brighten it up a bit

again, wait for a screener or a more experienced photographer to give his opinion

kind regards,

Alberto

Comment

Chris,

What I can see are 3 dust spots above the left winglet and also on the left and right corner
      Just like Alberto I leave the rest for a screener or a more experienced photographer

Comment

Chris,

For the example given I'm afraid it's a personal collection only. It's backlit, dark/under, lacks contrast and not cropped close enough or centred. I tried a bit of PS correctional work but I can't get a decent result that would be uploadable.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for all your input guys!

I realize that there are flaws to the photo as I haven't edited it at all since I took it. Seeing as Brian has doomed it by categorizing it as "backlit" I will not be editing it and it will reside in my personal collection.

I have two more shots (also unedited) that I have questions about before I start to edit them.

Are these two worth an edit or not?

Thanks again for your input guys! I really appreciate it.

-Chris

Comment

Anybody?...

-Chris

Comment

I would definetely have a go with the first picture of your last post.

Comment

On the first one,it looks like a backlit because there's no light on this side of the plane, or was there no sun?

Comment

Originally posted by arjenp View Post
                  On the first one,it looks like a backlit because there's no light on this side of the plane, or was there no sun?
                  The sunlight that day was really messed up with the clouds being broken like they were. The sun on that particular one was behind me but not out to shine on the aircraft. So the first one is editable, how about the second one?

Thanks for the input guys.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X