Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night rejection

Hello,
    I had the following shot rejected for dark and soft.

I tried to correct as much as possible and this is what I came up with

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is this decent enough or should I pull it from the queue? I had to use quite a fair amount of noise reduction but I'm not sure what to think of the result.

Thanks in advance!

Alberto

Sorry Alberto,

The main problem is that the side of the aircraft that is in view is in shadow so you have no light to work with! (The Exposure seems set for the bright lighting on the left).

By bringing up the levels I guess you introduced some noise and hence the use of noise reduction to compensate. Sadly the image now has that soft silky look and consequent loss of fine detail that is the signature of noise reduction tools.

I would suggest that this is for the personal collection but better luck next time!

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
      Sorry Alberto,

The main problem is that the side of the aircraft that is in view is in shadow so you have no light to work with! (The Exposure seems set for the bright lighting on the left).

By bringing up the levels I guess you introduced some noise and hence the use of noise reduction to compensate. Sadly the image now has that soft silky look and consequent loss of fine detail that is the signature of noise reduction tools.

I would suggest that this is for the personal collection but better luck next time!
      Thanks!
      I was sort of expecting that because the picture didn't feel right. I had my hopes up with the rejected shot but I also knew that it was borderline. Again, thanks for the explanation and I'll keep it in my personal cd

Comment

Working...
      X