Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Old Pics]: What do you think about those pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Old Pics]: What do you think about those pics?

Hi, dear friends.
    My uncle was in Congo in the past '50s/'60s.
    He gave me these photos, what do you think about them?
    Thanks in advance, best regards
    Fabrizio Berni - Italy

Wow, that's a nice gift. A nice collection of old photographs.
    I would certainly try uploading the interesting ones: where you see the entire plane. The registrations can be read.
    I am not sure of the pictures where you only see the engines: personnaly I don't like that kind of photos but others do, so I guess you could upload them too.

Comment

Wooow,

In my opinion, the shots are worth an upload, as they are very rare in database.
      And so is the airfield also.........

Scan them with a good scanner, remove the dirt on the foto's, maybe level them a bit more and then upload them.
      Please mind the upload-rules about uploading photo's whitch are not made by yourself!.

Good luck.

Freek

Comment

I think it is worth give it a try.
        These are very special shots taken in a time (over 50 years ago) nobody would even think about going digital!
        I hope our screeners think the same way.

Comment

Definitly upload them, they are absolutly great pieces of history and we'll be glad to screen them !! Specially the ramp shots !

Alex

Comment

Thank you for your kind replies.
            I'll upload them in a few weeks, after some recent pics.
            Best regards
            Fabrizio Berni - Italy

Comment

I would crop away the white border, it doesn't add much. The inflight photos are in my opinion lacking in quality.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                I would crop away the white border, it doesn't add much. The inflight photos are in my opinion lacking in quality.
                I agree entirely on the border but wouldn't you say the slight lacking in quality can be overlooked to a point for such a rare images? I would certainly hope so to be perfectly honest!

Paul
                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hi Paul

I wouldn't have written that, if I thought, the photos offer enough value. But in my opinion, they don't show enough to warrant this lower quality.

At the end, I would vote to reject for those reasons. and perhaps 2 other screener accept, or perhaps it would be accepted on appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    Hi Paul

I wouldn't have written that, if I thought, the photos offer enough value. But in my opinion, they don't show enough to warrant this lower quality.

At the end, I would vote to reject for those reasons. and perhaps 2 other screener accept, or perhaps it would be accepted on appeal.
                    I understand that, Gerardo, although I do think it's a little disappointing that the technical aspects of things sometimes get in the way of showing a bit of history (which they unarguably are). Then again, of course it's only my opinion. I have a serious soft spot for old photos so I would take this view.

Paul
                    Last edited by PMN; 2009-02-02, 13:30.
                    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Paul, as it seems, we are discussing the "historical merit" of those two inflight shots

I guess we have to leave this discussion apart. Fact is, we apply lower standards for older/rare shots, eventhough we expect a minimum. The rest can be discussed, that's why we have this forum and the appeal feature.

Gerardo

Comment

Copied all, my friends!
                        I'll submit only the pics "on ground", as soon as I'll get the date, the reg and the airport.

I'll try to process the "window pics" in a better way, in the next future!

The DC4 OO-CBH (the one of the window pics) has crashed in 1974 (Air Zaire, ex Sabena)
                        The DC3 (C47) OO-SBE (with my uncle next to him) is listed as "in service"

I'll let you know when they'll be uploaded.

anyway, here it is another little present only for my FP friends.
                        I hope you like it
                        Fabrizio
                        p.s.: nice the new JP layout!!

Comment

They are great photos! I echo Alex's comments, i'd love to see these uploaded.

Chris
                          Chris Sharps
                          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Congratulations my friend.
                            I saw today some (old) pics in the database, good work!

Comment

Thank you all!
                              Have a nice day
                              Fabrizio

Comment

Working...
                              X