X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arjenp
    replied
    It looks like your contrast isn't perfect at the moment
    You can learn more about using a histogram and how to adjust the contrast. Have a look at http://www.seahawk.gmxhome.de/contrastreject.pdf
    A contrast workflow by JP senior screener seahawk.

A quick edit

Leave a comment:

• ag92
    replied
    Sorry here is the working link

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• arjenp
    replied
    If you want, you can leave the sky and only process the aircraft. You can do this in PS with the selection tool(press W)
    The link of the queued photo isn't working

Leave a comment:

• ag92
    replied
    Diezel, I do look at the histogram, and make an attempt to understand where I have gone wrong, however I think though it could just be me that due to the nature of some photographs, it is not possible to get an accurate histogram to work with because of the sky in the background.

The previous photos seemed a bit oversharpened to me - a lot of jagged lines appearing on the Air Asia aircraft flying so I decided to go back - soften it, recrop it, change the colours and contrast and this is what I got - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2342204

I feel now however that it is maybe too soft, and what about the brightness of the image - can it use some brightening up?

Leave a comment:

• Diezel
    replied
    Be sure to have a good look at the histogram. There should be no "flat line" on either side of the histogram. Try to correct that with the histogram sliders in your editing program (usually in the "levels" adjustments menu)

If you don't know exactly how a histogram works, no problem, just google it. Understanding the histogram is essential if you want to get pictures accepted with the right amount of contrast. for example http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/key=histogram

Again, your pictures will do just fine if you are able to post process them correctly. Keep trying!

Roel.

Leave a comment:

• Eadster
    replied
    Still lacking a bit of contrast, but only a small amount, especially on the first. But close, and looking good.

Leave a comment:

• ag92
    replied
    Sorry for posting another "is that ok" post, but I know I am so close and after so many rejections I feel after every post I am learning alot,

How is this?
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Edit:
    Sorry, thought I would add this one as well http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2339028

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    Just a quick edit, maybe try something like this...

Take a look at Jid's workflow and re-work the images.
    Last edited by RingwaySam; 2009-02-07, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• arnie
    replied
    Nope. The same critique applies....

Leave a comment:

• ag92
    replied
    How are these now?

Thanks again,

Leave a comment:

• Diezel
    replied
    Arnie is right, they would all be rejected for contrast as they are now but they are not bad pictures at all.

Have a good look at the histogram, brighten up the pictures, enhance the contrast and sharpen a bit more. Then you should be fine.

Roel.

Leave a comment:

• arnie
    replied
    IMHO they would all be rejected as is. Not enough contrast. Soft. However, with a little bit of post processing, they should be doing ok....

Leave a comment:

• ag92
    started a topic Worth a Shot?

Worth a Shot?

Hi, could someone please help me out whether these are worth a shot on JetPhotos?

Thanks alot for your advise
    Last edited by AJ; 2009-02-07, 11:32.
Working...
X