Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of colors/contrast after uploading??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of colors/contrast after uploading??

Today I uploaded two pictures. The result however was different from the pics as I uploaded them to the site.

Picture one: my pic before uploading
    Picture two: the queued picture.

I have never seen this before.

Can someone explain this?

Greets,

Hinkelbein

Can be explained pretty simple

They are not the same pictures. Their size is completely different and they are not showing exactly the same. One is showing more than the other, they are cropped differently.

You must have made a mistake while uploading and picked the wrong filename. At least that is what I think.

Roel.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel View Post
      Can be explained pretty simple

They are not the same pictures. Their size is completely different and they are not showing exactly the same. One is showing more than the other, they are cropped differently.

You must have made a mistake while uploading and picked the wrong filename. At least that is what I think.

Roel.
      Nope, they are the same, see the reg number and the red van in the backgrond.

The first picture is the one I uploaded, the second one is the queued result.

So: what happens between uploading and queueing?

Comment

Those are 2 different pics. I took the time and put one over the other and as you will see they do not match.
        Last edited by seahawk; 2010-03-31, 06:27.

Comment

This is weird ...
          I checked it all: they´re the same pictures.

Of course, the queued one differs in size: the black bar was added.

The other differences obviously can only be explained by the uploading process, hence the strange colours/contrast.

Comment

They are definitely different pictures, they have a differently leveled: one is rotated with regard to the other. That is not cause by the uploading script. Like Roel said, you must have made a mistake when you uploaded.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

They are the same picture, but you uploaded the wrong version. You did not upload the edited one. You can argue and argue all you want, but you're not gonna win!
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
                They are the same picture, but you uploaded the wrong version. You did not upload the edited one. You can argue and argue all you want, but you're not gonna win!
                Talking about this... I've always wanted to know why my edited pic, the one in my disk and ready to be uploaded weights for example 600K and when I save the queud one it weights 250K.

I also notice that the one in queue has lower quality than the original.

Someone said. That's because they show you not the one you uploaded, that's for the screener, and the one you see in queue is a lower quality version of yours.

żIs that true?

Thanks!

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

Originally posted by gatto-777 View Post
                  Talking about this... I've always wanted to know why my edited pic, the one in my disk and ready to be uploaded weights for example 600K and when I save the queud one it weights 250K.

I also notice that the one in queue has lower quality than the original.

Someone said. That's because they show you not the one you uploaded, that's for the screener, and the one you see in queue is a lower quality version of yours.

żIs that true?

Thanks!
                  Interesting ...
                  I am also looking forward to an answer on this one!

Comment

Can maybe someone of the Site Administrators give an answer to the question?
                    It would clear up a lot

Comment

Photos when uploaded are processed to add the Titlebar and in the cases the user wishes, the watermark added. This process "alters" the size of the image, reducing the size of the image but without any noticeable decrease in quality.
                      This is done to balance the quality and the time of downloads/bandwidth/disk space these images take. Some quality issues might appear if the original file is very compressed. Other than that no other changes are done to the image such as brightness, contrast, etc…. I have seen problems before if the colorspace used is not sRGB. If you use something like Adobe colorspace, our image processing will not understand and probably cause changes in color rendition.

Cheers,

Gabe Basco

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response!

The only processing we do to uploaded photos is to add the copyright bar, watermark (if applied), and yes, we do add a bit of compression to bring the size down to a more manageable level. We don't alter colors or anything like that, however if you're using a non-standard color profile in Photoshop when you edit, that can cause slight variations in color between the version you upload and the version that's displayed on the site. Certainly not enough of a color variation to cause the immense color changes in the first photo posted in this thread though.

We've added a small amount of compression to each photo since the site was started, so nothing has ever changed in regards to that!
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

That makes sense
                          Thanks for your replies!

Comment

Working...
                          X