Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpness?

Hey all.

Here is the process i used to modify my Shots.

I open the RAW file in the Sony data lightbox, which is where i will export file to JPEG using highest quality compression.
    I will then one the JPEG in CS3 where i will crop, sharpen and all the rest of it... I will then save the photograph using highest quality in jpeg. The problem which is getting on my nerves is the fact in CS3 the photograph looks alot sharper than it does on JP or even on a simple picture viewer on the PC.

Im wondering if im doing something wrong?

Cheers.

On JP you don't see your photo in the same (full-)size as the image on your harddisk.

It's a little smaller, due to the size of the webpages.
    (Correct me if I am wrong)

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
      On JP you don't see your photo in the same (full-)size as the image on your harddisk.

It's a little smaller, due to the size of the webpages.
      (Correct me if I am wrong)

Freek
      We don't alter the size of an uploaded photo.

You have to compare the edited photo before upload and after upload (i.e. in the queue or db). I don't know, if PS uses another photo rendering engine causing differing results, but I know, that color profiles can have a huge impact on the look of a photo. Set your profile in PS to sRGB, which is what is widely used for web browsers.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Ok, what workflow would you recommend?

Ive seen Jid's which was extremely helpful, but would you convert the RAW file to jpeg, and then edit? Or would you do it differently?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Leaman View Post
          Ok, what workflow would you recommend?

Ive seen Jid's which was extremely helpful, but would you convert the RAW file to jpeg, and then edit? Or would you do it differently?
          You don't always have to work from a RAW file. I shoot RAW/Jpeg and normally just work from the jpeg unless I need to lighten the shot up more. If I use the RAW, I'll then save the edited version as a TIFF and then open in PS Elements, use Jid's workflow and then save as jpeg to be uploaded.

Comment

Working...
          X