Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some more help working on my rejected photo

Hello,

I originally placed this photo in the screening queue and it got rejected.

I have been working on it some more and here's the result. I used smart sharpening, increase the exposure, a little CW rotation, etc. I would appreciate all of the help I can get, even if this photo isn't db worthy, I would like to learn how to get better. I have Adobe Photoshop CS4.

Regards,

Rohan

Post the origional shot to show us the base what your working with. Yur new edit needs some more CW rotation, but use the background horizon to set it, and not the aircraft. Also perhaps too much contrast judging by all the blackened areas. Brightening the midtones could help the darkened areas perhaps.

Lastly the the aircraft and engines should probably be the centre of the frame and not towards the bottom right corner. I'm not sure but a crop showing the aircrafts right wing and the left engine probably wouldn't be acceptable for the website. Perhaps one of the screeners can comment on a possible crop. Without the original shot, it's hard to see how to improve the crop until we know what your working with.

Regards,

Dave

EDIT; I just had a little pay with your edit. The addition of 1.0 CW rotation seems a bit better. Also there seems to be some light reflections from the window you were shooting through on the top right hand corner however they can be adequately 'healed' over.
    Last edited by Mr Chips; 2009-02-20, 02:39.

Comment

Originally posted by legoguy View Post
      Post the origional shot to show us the base what your working with. Yur new edit needs some more CW rotation, but use the background horizon to set it, and not the aircraft. Also perhaps too much contrast judging by all the blackened areas. Brightening the midtones could help the darkened areas perhaps.

Lastly the the aircraft and engines should probably be the centre of the frame and not towards the bottom right corner. I'm not sure but a crop showing the aircrafts right wing and the left engine probably wouldn't be acceptable for the website. Perhaps one of the screeners can comment on a possible crop. Without the original shot, it's hard to see how to improve the crop until we know what your working with.

Regards,

Dave

EDIT; I just had a little pay with your edit. The addition of 1.0 CW rotation seems a bit better. Also there seems to be some light reflections from the window you were shooting through on the top right hand corner however they can be adequately 'healed' over.
      Hello,

Thank you for the response. Yep, I was unsure about the cropping too. This is the link to photo that got rejected it has a lot more of the plane, so you can see what I'm working with: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2347106 I will upload the original sometime tomorrow.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by legoguy View Post

Regards,

Dave

Hello,

Sorry about the delay, but here are the originals of the two best shots I captured that day. If anyone can help me with a possible crop, I would really appreciate it.

Photo #1:

Photo #2:

Photo #3 (another photo I took, although this one has a lot clutter)

Here's my edit of number #2 from above:

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Working...
        X