Dust Spots on a new camera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Spots on a new camera!

Hi all, I just bought a Nikon D80 and I took this pic to check for dust spots since I have had photos rejected on Jetpotos before due to them. I think I see one on the far left side but I was wondering if someone with a better eye for them could point out any others if they exist. Also would you suggest me getting it cleaned already (since it is brand new) or would you just suggest that I photoshop that one out for awhile? Thanks for the help!

Since the spots are small I would suggest Photoshop to remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob M View Post
      Hi all, I just bought a Nikon D80 and I took this pic to check for dust spots since I have had photos rejected on Jetpotos before due to them. I think I see one on the far left side but I was wondering if someone with a better eye for them could point out any others if they exist. Also would you suggest me getting it cleaned already (since it is brand new) or would you just suggest that I photoshop that one out for awhile? Thanks for the help!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7...e/DSC_0002.jpg
      Welcome To Nikon
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Welcome To Nikon
        In fact, welcome to digital photography where the lens can be removed !

Dust in a DSLR is a fact of life and doesn't matter which brand you buy. Where you have a CCD that creates a static charge, there you will inevitably, and eventually, find dust.
        I have two D80 bodies with a long and a short zoom on them. As I very rarely remove the lenses dust is not often a problem. It still happens occasionally though and I use a compressed air canister to remove it. Handpowered jet blowers are available and are just as good.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Dust in a DSLR is a fact of life and doesn't matter which brand you buy.
          I have two D80 bodies with a long and a short zoom on them. As I very rarely remove the lenses dust is not often a problem.
          I ended up doing the same thing, hated changing lenses on the ramp of an air show with all that dust blowing around. Really cuts down on the spots, but I also keep those little "Rocket" Blowers in my bag just in case

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone! I went and got a rocket blower and I think it cleared up the dust spots. Here is a picture I took yesterday and I dont see the spots anymore.... But could someone please look at the pic and give me a second opinion on if there are any more spots....
            Thanks again,
            Rob

Comment

It looks clean here
              But since that beautiful truck is covering a part of the photo, some could be in the bottom. Take a shot like you did first and check it. If it's clean(what I expect) you're ready to shoot

Comment

Working...
              X