Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance with this from LHR today

Hi all

Took this from LHR the framing has just cut of a bit of the Tower. Any chance do you think?

Graham

I hate it when people ask this kind of question. Strictly speaking it should be rejected for cut off as you've cut the nearest engine in half.

However...

It's one of those pics that very much depends on personal views, one of those where the hard and fast rules are difficult to apply.
    My view, I'd ask if you can include more engine ?

Other crew comments ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ah missed that. This was full frame so can't go out more. Could only crop closer and loose engine. Not sure if that would be acceptable either.

Thanks Brian one for the personal collection I guess.

Graham

Comment

I would like to see what it looks like if you crop in front of the engine. I wish you had left space to enclude the whole tower. This is why I "try" to always leave a little space on the edges to drop. Also helps when I need to level, can't seem to keep my camera straight at all.

I still think it has a chance, I like the composition.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I guess it is one of those if only, nearly shots.

Graham

Comment

Here's the crop without the engine.

Graham

Comment

Personally, the first Photograph with the engines appears to be better. The one without seems very very tight, creating another reason for possible rejection.

May i ask were the exact place this was taken. I know Mytrle ave, Heather academy and T5, but this look interesting...

Comment

This was taken from the Esso Garage at the end of 27L or the closer to the threshold of 09R if thinking of it the other way around. Large heavies provide good photo ops when departing off 27L.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Leaman View Post
                  . The one without seems very very tight, creating another reason for possible rejection.
                  Which rejection are you thinking of?
                  That it's tight doesn't mean it will be rejected.

Comment

Working...
                  X