Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing

I think I need a it of help with my editing (I'm learning still). I use photoshop so with the workflows I have to do a bit of work finding the GIMP equivalent.

Anyway I got this reject

I was told how to better sharpen it on the Rejects forum but could anyone clarify in great detail how to make this look perfectly sharp?

Thanks,
    Tui
    Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Use the unsharp mask(USM) tool with your photoshop. Use the settings that are mentioned in the workflows.
    You repeat this(mostly 2,3 times)untill you see jaggies on your photo. Then you undo the last step(Ctrl + Z)and you will have a sharp photo

Good luck!

Comment

The one thing I find though is with GIMP when you USM, it doesn't create jaggies but it does add contrast so if I keep doing it my picture doesn't end up with jaggies but it does end up with contrast...
      Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

Hi Tui,

The fact that the contrast changes in your pictures is because sharpening is done by enhancing contrast around edges.

If you are using the GIMP, then have a look at the various tutorials on the net. I found this one about sharpening: http://world.std.com/~mmcirvin/gimp_...l/sharpen.html

Roel.

Comment

Okay once again, another thing is, my laptop monitor.
          If I could find a cheap one should I get a CRT monitor (I'd quite like dual display) but is CRT easier for photo editing cause my laptop screen means I have to overcompensate for lighting etc...
          Thanks,
          Tui

Also what type of monitor do you use for your editing?

Comment

Originally posted by ZK-TUI View Post
            Okay once again, another thing is, my laptop monitor.
            If I could find a cheap one should I get a CRT monitor (I'd quite like dual display) but is CRT easier for photo editing cause my laptop screen means I have to overcompensate for lighting etc...
            You do your editing on a laptop, is that correct?
            If so, then you have to look for another laptop maybe.
            I do all my editing process on a laptop with just a 17" screen and have never had any rejection for colourbalance or contrast.
            Only sharpening is sometimes a bit difficult with such a small screen.
            I use a Packard Bell laptop, with Vista (newest edition).

Freek

Comment

Working...
            X