Shots changing colour temp after upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots changing colour temp after upload

I have had this problem only for the last dozen photos I've uploaded. In Photoshop, and Windows Viewer which I checked the edited shots in, the colours look about right / how I want them. After uploading to JP however, they usually look far bluer, a bit darker and slightly desaturated. It is related to my browser; any images opened in it will appear like this.

I presume I should be editing according to my browser, not Photoshop, so any suggestions what I may have upset in my Photoshop configuration for this to happen?

I am shooting RAW, converting to and exporting with sRGB colour profile, I was under the impression web images were usually sRGB.

(yeah, I spell 'color' differently, more correctly some would say )

Have a look at this thread
    Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

This is about the same problem.
    Some of the Site Administrators gives a explanation about the loss of quality after uploading

Comment

Cheers for that, I did happen to read that already actually, but my problem seems not to do with the website itself more browser vs. other apps. I'll do some research...

Comment

for anyone else who might stumble across this through the search feature:

It is proof colours. For whatever reason, I have to set them to Monitor/RGB, then enable them (View > Proof Colours) every time I load an image, and the most annoying part is you can't do it in the RAW editor

Comment

Working...
        X