Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting location - Bad motive

Dear all,
    I had one photo rejected: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2432135 because BAD MOTIVE and then I did appeal, after that with admin comment: "it\'s a photo of someone taking a photo of an aircraft, but not a photo of a location". Everybody can tell me my shot is spotting location or not.
    Thank you in advance!
    Regards,
    kanehoshi

I love JP.net

That is a giúys standing in garden under the approach of an airport. Not a spotting location. A spotting location should be:

* a public location (I guess the owner of the field would mind if 100 people walk around in it)
    * location should be recognizeable from the photo
    * part of the airport should be in view
    * should give a wider view of the area

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      That is a giúys standing in garden under the approach of an airport. Not a spotting location. A spotting location should be:

* a public location (I guess the owner of the field would mind if 100 people walk around in it)
      1/ The guy stand there is a puplic. If you guys come to VN, I will show you.
      2/ Part of the airport should be in view: I don't agree, because alot photos on JP not show the part of airport and only the air craft.
      3/ My wider view was enought.

I love JP.net

Comment

. A spotting location should be:

In that case, I recommend to check the photos already in database., as there are lots of them without any part of airport visible at all; just showing a photographer pointing a lens in a certain direction.
        I am sorry to say.......

Freek

Comment

We are aware of that and we see the need to get stricter with the rules for spotting location, exactly because of shots like the one in the first post.

We added the "Spotting Location" as help for Spotters visitng an airport. They should have a chance to see the spots and what they can expect there. We never intended to get a collection of people in a field.

Comment

We are aware of that and we see the need to get stricter with the rules for spotting location, exactly because of shots like the one in the first post.

We added the "Spotting Location" as help for Spotters visitng an airport. They should have a chance to see the spots and what they can expect there. We never intended to get a collection of people in a field.
            Dear Stefan Kuhn,
            What we (VNAS) show a real spotting location and we are not collection of people in a field and lier. and this time it a second time you are conplain about public spotting location, we are (VNAS) sure! we always warm wellcome spotters to VN spotting.
            brgds,
            kanehoshi

I love JP.net

Comment

I see one person on a piece of land, on which vegetables are growing. Most people would call this a field.
              Anyway it is not the type of motive we intended to have in the db, when we added the "Spotting Location" to the available options.

A clarification on what we want is on the way and should be made public in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by kanehoshi View Post
                Dear Stefan Kuhn,
                What we (VNAS) show a real spotting location and we are not collection of people in a field and lier. and this time it a second time you are conplain about public spotting location, we are (VNAS) sure! we always warm wellcome spotters to VN spotting.
                brgds,
                kanehoshi
                Kanehoshi,

I have absolutely no doubt at all that the VNAS would give a warm welcome to visitors. My travels throughout the world have shown that asian people are amongst the friendliest and most welcoming in the world....

....but the point that we are trying to make is that a picture uploaded as "spotting location" needs to have enough identifiable information to allow the viewer to find that place without having to resort to contacting local spotters. In order to do this there needs to be enough information in the image to identify where in relation to the airport the location is, maybe what transportation might be required to get there, a visual indicator as to what lens may be required and if any equipment, such as a ladder, might be required.
                Some pictures accepted recently as "spotting location" probably should not have been accepted as such and we have lately been trying to "steer" photographers back towards the original intention of what was required for this category to apply.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  Kanehoshi,

....but the point that we are trying to make is that a picture uploaded as "spotting location" needs to have enough identifiable information to allow the viewer to find that place without having to resort to contacting local spotters. In order to do this there needs to be enough information in the image to identify where in relation to the airport the location is, maybe what transportation might be required to get there, a visual indicator as to what lens may be required and if any equipment, such as a ladder, might be required.
                  Some pictures accepted recently as "spotting location" probably should not have been accepted as such and we have lately been trying to "steer" photographers back towards the original intention of what was required for this category to apply.
                  Dear Brianw,
                  You just get on taxi, and the driver get you there; Do you want to try ?
                  brgds,
                  kanehoshi

I love JP.net

Comment

What if that in fact is a spotting location per se? The SL's I have uploaded from EZE have no airport in the shot because it is impossible due to the lack of actual locations near the airport.
                    What I'm saying is that any location from which you can take pictures of airplanes is technically a spotting location. Now, if the subject if too far or too close ok, that's techncial stuff that can be corrected, but if the spotting location of a given place is actually far from the airport, why can't it be uploaded as a location?

rgds

Comment

My shot was taken here, and very puplic

I love JP.net

Comment

Quite simply the kind of shots we are seeing are not filling the intention of the 'Spotting Location'. In some cases it seems to be used to attract hits or upload photos of friends.

These types of shots were the intention:
                        [photoid=6271968]
                        [photoid=6360835]
                        [photoid=544806]

Unfortunately all these photos of people standing in a field are not advancing the category so our next step could be to remove it altogether!

Comment

Maybe a suggestion could be to just use "official" spotting locations (sort of what Brian said) recognized by guides such as scramble.nl, just of the top of my head, or others the admins decide...

Comment

Alejandro, we have discussed this already in the forum. The problem is: how can we know, if a photo depicts a public spotting location or not? I can tell it for 1-3 airports, other screeners cover a similar amount of known airports. But that's hardly enough. The end would be discussions again.

AJ summed it up perfectly, and at the moment, there is indeed an idea to stop this category altogether.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                              AJ summed it up perfectly, and at the moment, there is indeed an idea to stop this category altogether.
                              Please don't!
                              I like this category very much, as it gives an idea what spotting-possibilities you'll have on different airports around the world, where I/you are about to go to in the future.
                              It's quite clear what this category is ment to be- see the explanation of Stefan-so if photogs don't want to cooperate with the rules; just reject; but do not remove/stop the categorie altogether.
                              Just my opinion.......

Freek

Comment

Working...
                              X