Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change my workflow?

Hi,

I have just upgraded my system and have gone from a 17" CRT monitor at 1024x768 pixels to a 22" LCD set to 1920x1080 pixels, what would be the best way to edit given my larger resolution? I normally level the image, crop, remove CMOS dust and then resize to 1024 before making any changes to levels, saturation and sharpening.

I don't know what resolution screeners use and if they use a lower resolution than I do they may pick up discrepancies that I would miss at 1920 pixels.

Matt
    My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

I wouldn't change your workflow at all as long as it has worked for you so far. I think you'll find that your pics will actually improve as the new monitor is likely going to show a finer level of contrast at least.

I recently changed from an old LG CRT 19" to a Samsung 22" wide screen LCD. The difference is remarkable, so much so that I'm considering reprocessing some of my older pics and reuploading them as replacements.

During screening I have found that discrepancies often become more obvious compared to the old CRT and find myself "toning down" my screening decision sometimes.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Work as you did before - when I upgraded to a Samsung LCD also, I started to experiement with a few different ways and methods. As the screens are so great, you'll notice improvements between now and your older stuff and you can adjust according. Also, make sure you run a calibration tool on your new screen. It makes a massive difference. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
      X